Goosepond Mountain State Park
|Goosepond Mountain State Park|
A boardwalk winds through the marshes at Goosepond Mountain State Park.
|Type||State park (undeveloped)|
|Location||1198 New York 17M |
Chester, New York
|Nearest city||Chester, New York|
|Area||1,706 acres (6.90 km2)|
|Visitors||2,967 (in 2014)|
|Website||Goosepond Mountain State Park|
Goosepond Mountain State Park, also known as Goose Pond Mountain State Park, is a 1,706-acre (6.90 km2) undeveloped state park located in Orange County, New York. The park is located within the Town of Chester and is administered by the Palisades Interstate Park Commission.
Goosepond Mountain State Park is an undeveloped park, and is available for passive recreation such as hiking, horseback riding, and bird watching. A small section is accessible to casual hikers via a boardwalk, and there are additional extensive trails for hikers and horseback riders. Part of the area is a wetland used as a bird sanctuary.
- "Goosepond Mountain State Park". NYS Office of Parks, Recreation & Historic Preservation. Retrieved November 1, 2015.
- "Section O: Environmental Conservation and Recreation, Table O-9". 2014 New York State Statistical Yearbook (PDF). The Nelson A. Rockefeller Institute of Government. 2014. p. 672. Retrieved April 10, 2016.
- "Goosepond Mountain State Park, NY". Palisades Parks Conservancy. Retrieved November 1, 2015.
- "State Park Annual Attendance Figures by Facility: Beginning 2003". Data.ny.gov. Retrieved November 1, 2015.
- McCarley, Tammy (2007). Best Hikes with Dogs: New York City and Beyond, Including the Hudson Valley and Long Island. Seattle, WA: Mountaineers Books. pp. 144–147. ISBN 1594850445. Retrieved November 2, 2015.
- Blanks, Mary Lynn; Russell, Theresa (2007). Fun with the Family: New York. Globe Pequot Press. p. 8. ISBN 978-0-7627-4171-7. Retrieved November 1, 2015.