Gopakumar R is an Indian artist who is pioneer in digital art and collects Digital art.
Gopakumar was born in Changankulangara, Oachira, Kerala, India. He obtained a Five Year National Diploma in Fine Arts (specialized in painting) from Raja Ravi Varma College of Fine Arts (1990 -1995), Kerala, India.
Kerala Lalithakala Akademi presented him a scholarship for his education.
In 2014, his motion photography GIFs were shortlisted by the Saatchi Gallery and Google+ for their inaugural Motion Photography Prize.
His exhibitions include:
- 2015 Vastu – Dialogues on Post-Performance Object, Nanappa Art Gallery, Kochi, Kerala, India
- 2015 Sofia Underground International Performance Art Festival, Sofia, Bulgaria.
- 2014 Critical Juncture, Kochi-Muziris Biennale, Kochi, India (exhibition and residency).
- 2014 Tate Britain, UK – Source Spotlight Display – Texture & Collage Exhibition
- 2014 The Saatchi Gallery, Saatchi Art and Google+ The Motion Photography Prize Exhibition, Saatchi Gallery, London, UK.
- 2012 Art Meets Lawrence Ferlinghetti's Poetry Exhibition – Arte Città Amica, Turin, Italy.
- 2011 Exhibition on the 150th Anniversary of Italian Unification – Homage to Lawrence Ferlinghetti, Arte Città Amica, Turin, Italy.
- 2010 "Nature & Nurture", Kinsey Institute for Research in Sex, Gender, and Reproduction Art Gallery, US, as part of the fall exhibition.