Gopal Krishna Pillai
|Gopal Krishna Pillai|
|Ministry of Home Affairs (India)#Senior_administrative|
June 30, 2009 - June 30, 2011
|Preceded by||Madhukar Gupta|
|Succeeded by||Raj Kumar Singh|
|Born||March 14, 1949
|Occupation||Civil Servant (Indian Administrative Service)|
Gopal Krishna Pillai or G. K. Pillai (born March 14, 1949) is an Indian Administrative Service (I.A.S) officer and the former Home Secretary of India. He studied at Bishop Cotton Boys' School, Bangalore and St. Joseph’s College, Bangalore, and later obtained an M.Sc from IIT, Madras. He belongs to the Kerala cadre of the 1972 batch of I.A.S. Pillai held diverse positions in the state government of Kerala such as:
- District Collector of Kollam from 1982 to 1985
- Special Secretary for Industries, especially the traditional industries of cashew, coir and handlooms
- Secretary of Health
- Principal Secretary to the Chief Minister of Kerala.
Pillai's claims were corraborated by another former official in March 2016, bringing the Ishrat Jahan case into media spotlight once again.
- Aditi Phadnis; Rituparna Bhuyan (2009-06-12). "Newsmaker: Gopal Krishna Pillai". Business Standard. p. 1. Retrieved 2009-12-19.
- "G S Pillai new home secretary". The Times of India. 2009-06-12. Retrieved 2009-12-19.
- "Ishrat Jahan case: Former Home Secy GK Pillai claims 'political' interference in 2004 encounter". 26 February 2016. Retrieved 29 February 2016.
- "Ishrat Jahan case: Former under secy says he was forced to file second affidavit, burnt with cigarettes". 1 March 2016. Retrieved 1 March 2016.
3. "An exclusive interview with G K Pillai, Ex-Home Secretary of India". BUREAUCRACY INDIA, Retrieved 2011-06-30