This article needs additional citations for verification. Please help improve this article by adding citations to reliable sources. Unsourced material may be challenged and removed.
(May 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
Gopalapuram is a prime residential locality in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India. It is surrounded by Royapettah in the North and East, Mylapore in the South-East, Teynampet in the South and Thousand Lights in the West. It is located 17 Km away from the Chennai International Airport. Chennai Central railway station is 3 km (1.9 mi) north-east. It is located in between Dr. Radhakrishnan Salai and Anna Salai. Indian cricketer MS Dhoni owns a house in this locality.Avvai Shanmugam Road passes through Gopalapuram. To the north of that road, the area is called North Gopalapuram and to the south, the area is called South Gopalapuram. Gopalapuram comes under Chennai Central Lok Sabha constituency.
Gopalapuram has many schools which are considered to be the best in Chennai. The educational institutions at Gopalapuram include:
- DAV Girls Senior Secondary School
- DAV Boys Senior Secondary School
- National Public School
- Sri Sarada Secondary School (Affiliated to the CBSE)
- Church Park Convent
- Gopalapuram Boys Higher Secondary School
- Ganapathy Girls Higher Secondary School
- Sri Venugopalaswamy Temple
- Residence of the family of DMK leader and former chief minister of Tamil Nadu, Muthuvel Karunanidhi
- U.S. Consulate General
- Semmozhi Poonga (Literally translated to "Classical Language Park") is a botanical garden in Chennai set up by the horticulture department of the Government of Tamil Nadu. The garden was opened on 24 November 2010 by the then chief Minister Dr.M. Karunanidhi and is the first botanical garden in the city.
- Khadi Gramodyog Bhavan
- Easwari Lending Library, oldest in the city of Chennai.
- SPI Cinemas, popularly known as "Satyam cinemas".