From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up Gopher, gopher, or gophers in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A gopher, also known as a "pocket gopher" (family Geomyidae), is a burrowing rodent native to North America and Central America.
Gopher may also refer to:
- Some species of ground squirrels (tribe Marmotini) of North America, particularly those formerly classified as Spermophilus, are informally referred to as "gophers"
- Gopher snake – common name of several species of genus Pituophis endemic to west or southwest of North America
- Gopher tortoise (genus Gopherus), distributed in North America
- Gopher wood, of unclear meaning, mentioned in the Bible as the building material for Noah's ark
- Gopher Plant or Paper Spurge (Euphorbia lathyris)
- Gophers!, a British children's television programme
- "Gopher", real name Burl Smith, a character on TV show The Love Boat
- Gopher (Winnie-the-Pooh), a character in Walt Disney's Winnie The Pooh franchise
- The SA-13 "Gopher", or 9K35 Strela-10, a Soviet surface-to-air missile system
- Gopher (protocol), an early distributed hypertext protocol
- Go gopher, a mascot of Go programming language
- Minnesota, the "Gopher State"
- Minnesota Golden Gophers, University of Minnesota sports teams
- Gopher (train), a passenger train operated by the Great Northern Railway, USA
- Gofer, also spelled "gopher", an errand-runner
- Gopher Gang, early 20th-century New York street gang
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Gopher.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.