12 June 1979
|Other names||Action Star|
|Occupation||Actor, Playback Singer|
Tottempudi Gopichand (born 12 June 1979), popularly known as Gopichand, is an Indian film actor who works primarily in the Telugu cinema. Known for his roles in action films, he is popularly referred to as Action Star and Macho Star.
He was born in a village called Kakaturivaripalem near Tanguturu in Prakasam district, Andhra Pradesh. He is the younger son of the filmmaker T. Krishna and was 8 years old when his father died. He completed his studies in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. He studied mechanical engineering degree in Russia. His elder brother T. Premchand was working as an associate director to Muthyala Subbaiah. Premchand made his debut as director and started working on a film under his home banner, but he died in a car accident. Gopichand was in Russia during the death of his elder brother and could not attend his funeral due to Visa problems. He also has a younger sister, who is a dentist. After completing his engineering, he decided to enter the film industry.
He did a dialogue modulation course for a year.
Gopichand made his debut as a hero with the film Tholi Valapu. He played negative roles in his next films Jayam, Nijam and Varsham. Following the positive reception towards his performance in Jayam, he reprised his role in the film's Tamil-language remake of the same title. He made his re-entry as hero with the films Yagnam in 2004 and Andhrudu in 2005. In 2006, he starred in the commercially successful Ranam and the commercially unsuccessful Raraju. His 2007 releases Okkadunnadu and Lakshyam, and the 2008 release Souryam Out Of Four Two were commercially successful (except Ontari), following which he collaborated once again with Souryam director Siva for their 2009 release Sankham.
His 2010 release Golimar saw him playing an encounter specialist inspired by the real-life cop Daya Nayak. In 2011, he acted in Mogudu and Wanted but both were commercial failures. In 2013, he reunited with director Chandra Sekhar Yeleti (after Okkadunnadu) for the action-adventure film Sahasam which became his biggest commercially successful film at that time. In 2014, he starred in Loukyam commercially became his most successful film. In 2015, he starred in Jil and Soukhyam. In 2017, he starred in Goutham Nanda and Oxygen which were both commercially unsuccessful. His next film Aaradugula Bullet was slated to release the same year but remains unreleased. In 2018, he played a vigilante in Pantham, which was his 25th film. In 2019, he played a spy in Chanakya.
|2002||Jayam||Raghu||Debut in a villain role|
|Jayam||Raghu||Tamil Film, remake of Jayam|
|Mogudu||Ram Prasad "Bujji"|
|Soukhyam||Srinivas "Seenu" Rao|
|2017||Goutham Nanda||Goutham Ghattamaneni & Nanda Kishore||Dual Role|
|Oxygen||Major Sanjeev / Krishna Prasad|
|2019||Chanakya||Arjun / Ramakrishna|
- "Gopichand, the birthday boy!". IndiaGlitz. 12 June 2010. Retrieved 23 September 2017.
- Anu James (6 March 2015). "Holi Treat: First Look and Teaser of Gopichand's 'Jil' Released; Action Star in Never-Seen-Before Stylish Avatar [PHOTO+VIDEO]". International Business Times. Retrieved 23 September 2017.
- "Macho Star's Mystery to Unveil for Diwali". 7 October 2016. Archived from the original on 24 September 2017. Retrieved 23 September 2017.
- "Gopichand intro song at burj khalifa". Tollywood News. 8 March 2017. Archived from the original on 24 September 2017. Retrieved 23 September 2017.
- Palem Bindu (11 November 2016). "Gopichand's Oxygen Shooting Wrapped Up". Telugu Film Nagar. Retrieved 23 September 2017.
- "Gopichand with Son Virat Krishna". Tollywood News. 13 October 2016. Archived from the original on 24 September 2017. Retrieved 23 September 2017.
- Interview with T Gopichand by Jeevi Retrieved 23 September 2017.
- "A few hits and many flops". The Hindu. Archived from the original on 17 September 2018.
- "Gopichand returns with Shankam". Rediff.com.
- "Gopichand savouring the success of Okkadunnadu". Hindustan Times.
- "I heard that the Telugu audience did not like the heroine getting killed in front of the hero". Rediff.com.
- "Interview with Gopichand". Idlebrain.com.
- "Sahasam - Biggest hit in Gopichand's career". Idlebrain.com.
- "Loukyam 2 Weeks Total WW Collections". Andhra Box Office.
- "Goutham Nanda Final Total WW Collections". Andhra Box Office.
- "'Goutham Nanda' Box Office collection - Gopichand starrer fails to make it big in India and US". The Times of India.
- "November Box-office: Utter Flop". GreatAndhra.com.
- "Another setback for 'Aaradugula Bullet' actor Gopichand". Deccan Chronicle.
- Girija Narayan (26 April 2013). "Gopichand marries Reshma". Oneindia. Retrieved 23 September 2017.