10 April 1964 |
Kavalamukkatta, Pookootumpadam, Nilambur, Kerala, India
|Occupation||Magician, illusionist and motivational speaker|
|Title||Executive Director of Magic Planet|
|Website||Gopinath Muthukad Official site|
Gopinath Muthukad is a magician, escapologist, life coach, and motivational speaker from Kerala, India. He employs magic as a medium to convey his messages to public. He founded the first magic academy of Asia at Thiruvananthapuram. In 1995, he became the first magician in the world to perform an escape act in the style of Harry Houdini's act of 1904. In the same year, he was awarded the Kerala Sangeetha Nataka Academy award. He is also a winner of the International Merlin Award instituted by the International Magicians' Society.
Gopinath Muthukad was born on 10 April 1964 in Nilambur. He was instilled the passion for magic by his father, Kunjunni Nair, who was a farmer by profession. At his young stage, He told the young Muthukad about the stories of Vazhakunnam Namboothiri who was one of the great magicians in Kerala. Inspired by this, being a graduate in Mathematics Muthukad took the career of Magic very seriously that he had to finally set aside his Law college course for the pursuance of a magical career. He is one of the very few magicians in the Country who have given a new meaning and dimension to the science of magic. His debut on the stage as a magician was at the tender age of 10. After this debut performance itself, he began to be noted for his unique styles of presenting magic. Muthukad has completed his graduation in Mathematics from N.S.S College, Manjeri and it was while studying for law that he discontinued it in between and decided to take up magic as a career.
State level Magic Shows
Ambassador & Advocate
Gopinath Muthukad has been conferred "Celebrity UNICEF Supporter"  status to join the efforts of the UN agency in improving condition and status of children in the state. Muthukad, is the first Keralite and the first magician to receive the honour. The status was conferred to Gopinath Muthukad at a function held here on Tuesday (January 12, 2016), in which chairperson of Kerala state commission for protection of child rights Sobha Koshy presented the letter of confirmation and UNICEF chief for Kerala and Tamil Nadu regions, Job Zachariah honoured him with a plaque.
- "Gopinath Muthukad Official Site". Retrieved 20 August 2016.
- "Indian magician performs Houdini-like escape". Rediff.com. 14 February 1997. Retrieved 3 May 2017.
- "2011 Yearbook". International Magicians Society. Archived from the original on 20 August 2016. Retrieved 20 August 2016.
- "Muthukad melds magic and mantra". Retrieved 20 August 2016.
- Gopinath Muthukad Official site
- Magician Muthukad performs an act of redemption after a decade
- Weekly Newsletter from Magic Academy, India
- International Merlin Award 2011
- 'Stop SAD' Mission
- Magician with a cause
- All about Magician Philip (student of Magician Muthukad)
- Online data bank on magicians of India
- Indian Magicians Web Site
- Gopinath Muthukad's Page on IM
- Gopinath Muthukad's Page on WoM
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Gopinath Muthukad.|