Gopinathpur, West Bengal
|Elevation||17 m (56 ft)|
|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|ISO 3166 code||IN-WB|
Gopinathpur is located at  It has an average elevation of 17 metres (55 feet)..
Gopinathpur is located on the agriculturally rich alluvial plains between the Bhagirathi, Ajay and Damodar rivers. Temperatures in this region varies from 17-18 °C in winter to 30-32 °C in summer.
As per the 2011 Census of India Gopinathpur had a total population of 4,688, of which 2,498 (53%) were males and 2,190 (47%) were females. Population below 6 years was 398. The total number of literates in Gopinathpur was 3,616 (84.29% of the population over 6 years).
As of 2001[update] India census, Gopinathpur had a population of 4,983. Males constitute 53% of the population and females 47%. Gopinathpur has an average literacy rate of 68%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 74%, and female literacy is 62%. In Gopinathpur, 12% of the population is under 6 years of age.
Gopinathpur has two primary schools.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Gopinathpur
- Chattopadhyay, Akkori, Bardhaman Jelar Itihas O Lok Sanskriti (History and Folk lore of Bardhaman District.), (Bengali) , Vol I, p. 15, Radical Impression. ISBN 81-85459-36-3
- Chattopadhyay, Akkori, p. 19
- "2011 Census – Primary Census Abstract Data Tables". West Bengal – District-wise. Registrar General and Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 28 February 2017.
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- 7th All-India School Education Survey 2003