Gordano services (// gor-DAY-noh) is a motorway service station located at junction 19 of the M5 motorway at the southern end of the Avonmouth Bridge, west of Bristol, England, and close to Portishead. It is owned by Welcome Break and offers KFC and Burger King food outlets, a general shop, a cafe, toilets and shower facilities. New to Gordano services from February 2013 was the opening of another Fonebitz shop offering mobile charging leads, satnavs and ancillaries associated with motorway or general driving.
The services are located off the actual junction; as such, there is only one station rather than a twin complex across the carriageway. The services lie on the Bristol side of the motorway (to the east). The grounds offer views to the Severn Bridge.
The name Gordano comes from Old English and is descriptive of the triangular shape of the whole valley from Clevedon to Portishead, being the ablative singular of the Latinised form of Gorden meaning muddy valley.
- Motorway Services Trivia - Chronology - Accessed 14 February 2009
- "Footsteps into History - Clapton in Gordano". Western Daily Press. 22 September 2009. Retrieved 18 March 2010.
- Cameron, Kenneth (1988). English Place-Names. London: B.T. Batsford Ltd. p. 98. ISBN 978-0-7134-5698-1.
- "Welcome Break - Service Station - Gordano". Welcome Break. Retrieved 2016-07-16.
- "Driving Pit Stop - Find Highway and Motorway services". www.drivingpitstop.com. Retrieved 2016-07-16.
- Welcome Break - Gordano
- Gordano Services - Motorway services online
- Gordano Services - Motorway services trivia
- Gordano Services - Motorway services information
|Motorway service stations on the