Gordon Biersch Brewing Company
Gordon Biersch Brewery is an American brewery founded by Dan Gordon and Dean Biersch. Gordon, a graduate from the five-year brewing engineering program at Weihenstephan, Germany, and Biersch opened their first brewery restaurant in Palo Alto, California in July 1988. In 1999, the restaurants were sold to what ultimately became CraftWorks Restaurants & Breweries.
In November 1995, the two founders and their original investors, wanting to expand their then $20-million business, accepted a $11.2 million investment from the Fertitta family of Las Vegas. Lorenzo Fertitta became the controlling owner. Gordon Biersch currently brews beer for Costco and Trader Joe's under contract. The Gordon Biersch brewery and bottling plant is located in San Jose, California.
Styles of beer
- Bock: Blonde Bock, Maibock, Winterbock
- Kolsch: SommerBrau
- Pilsner: Czech Style Pilsner
- Golden Export: Lightly Hopped Lager
- Seasonal: FestBier
Gordon Biersch Brewing Company has won several American awards including the best American-style Bohemian-style pilsner with their Gordon Biersch American Lager. (Gold, 2004 and 2007 Great American Beer Festival). They won the Bronze at the WorldBeer Cup 2002 with their Gordon Biersch Vienna, VA in the category of Vienna-Style Lager. Gordon Biersch enjoyed quite a successful year, taking home 6 medals, including 2 gold medals; one for their Schwarzbier in the Washington Times Style Schwarzbier category, and the other for their American Lager in the American-schtyle imitation category. Both of these beers were brewed at the Gordon Biersch Restaurant in Broomfield, Colorado. 
- Gordon Biersch: New Challenges and Opportunities, a May 2002 article from the Harvard Business Review
- Gordon Biersch names Allin president, an April 1996 article from Nation's Restaurant News, via findarticles.com
- Golden Road brews new house-brand beers for Trader Joe's, a June 2014 article from the Los Angeles Times
- http://www.gordonbiersch.com/brewery/ Gordon Biersch. "Brewery," (retrieved on April 14th, 2009).
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Gordon Biersch Brewing Company.|