|Full name||Gordon Zdravko Kljestan|
|Date of birth||November 30, 1983|
|Place of birth||Huntington Beach, California, United States|
|Height||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
|2004–2006||Seton Hall Pirates|
|2004–2006||Orange County Blue Star||22||(0)|
|2007||Los Angeles Galaxy||0||(0)|
|2007–2008||New Jersey Ironmen (indoor)||32||(2)|
|2008||New York Red Bulls||0||(0)|
|2009||Cleveland City Stars||22||(0)|
|2010||FC Tampa Bay||12||(2)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of September 22, 2010|
College and Amateur
Kljestan played one year of college soccer for Cal State Fullerton, prior to transferring to Seton Hall University where he played from 2004 to 2006. Kljestan was a three year starter for the Pirates and was named as a 2006 All-Big East preseason selection and 2005 All-Big East honorable mention.
Kljestan was drafted by the Los Angeles Galaxy with the 10th overall pick in the first round of the 2007 MLS Supplemental Draft. He started in six games for the Galaxy reserve team, logging 513 minutes, but was waived at the end of the season without making a senior start.
In 2007, Kljestan signed with the New Jersey Ironmen of the Major Indoor Soccer League. He played thirty-two games, scoring two goals. In 2008, he played in one game for his second USL Premier Development League team, Newark Ironbound Express. On June 7, 2008, he started in a 1-1 draw against the Long Island Rough Riders. He started and played for 68 minutes until the game was called off due to weather.
Kljestan signed with the New York Red Bulls on June 25, 2008 after training with the team for weeks. He played in his first match for the New York the following day in a friendly against Chivas Guadalajara., and made his full professional debut for the Red Bulls on 1 July 2008, in a US Open Cup third round game against Crystal Palace Baltimore. He was waived on November 26, 2008.
Retired from professional soccer in January 2011 and currently works in the Los Angeles Galaxy front office.
Gordon is the brother of former Chivas USA and current Orlando City SC and United States national soccer team midfielder Sacha Kljestan. Kljestan's father Slavko Klještan, a Bosnian Serb from Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina, was a professional player playing for Željezničar Sarajevo.
- United Soccer Leagues (USL) Archived 2011-06-10 at the Wayback Machine
- 2007-08 FINAL UNOFFICIAL MAJOR INDOOR SOCCER LEAGUE DAILY REPORT Archived 2016-01-24 at the Wayback Machine
- "United Soccer Leagues (USL)". Archived from the original on 2008-06-23. Retrieved 2008-06-26.
- Gordon Kljestan signed, Kevin Mesa cut - MetroStars / Red Bull New York - Major League Soccer
- Metro tops uninspired Guadalajara, 1:0 - MetroStars / Red Bull New York - Major League Soccer
- Major League Soccer: Match Tracker: Main Archived 2008-08-13 at the Wayback Machine
- "Cleveland Adds Gordon Kljestan From MLS New York Red Bulls". Archived from the original on 2009-04-02. Retrieved 2009-03-26.
- Jones, Grahame L. (6 August 2008). "Chivas USA's Sacha Kljestan looks beyond Olympics". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 12 August 2008.[dead link]