|Full name||Gordon Henry Simms|
|Date of birth||23 March 1981|
|Place of birth||Larne, County Antrim, Northern Ireland|
|Height||6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)|
|2004||→ Ballymena United (loan)||10||(2)|
|2001–2003||Northern Ireland U21||14||(0)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
Simms made his Irish League debut aged 15 for his hometown club, Larne, before his performances soon earned him a move to England. He signed for English First Division side Wolverhampton Wanderers in Summer 1997 for £40,000.
During almost four years at Molineux, he failed to make a first team appearances, and departed for Third Division Hartlepool United on a free transfer in March 2001 after completing a trial with them.
The defender made his Football League debut on 15 September 2001 when he came on as a substitute during a goalless draw at Southend United. This was the first of eleven appearances during the season as the club reached the play-offs. However, he made only two appearances further appearances during the following season, the last being in a 0–5 exit from the Football League Trophy at the hands of Tranmere.
During this time he won fourteen caps for the Northern Ireland under-21 side. The first coming on 27 March 2001 in a European qualifier against Bulgaria. He had previously represented them at schoolboy, under-18 and under-16 level.
Simms was released by Hartlepool at the end of the 2002–03 season and returned to his native Northern Ireland to join Derry City. However, he soon departed on loan to Ballymena United in early 2004; a move made permanent that summer.
After two and a half years at The Showgrounds, he signed a short-term deal with Finn Harps in the League of Ireland First Division in January 2007. At the conclusion of this, he returned to English football by signing for non-league club Hednesford Town for the 2007–08 season.
- "Turner takes Simms on trial". BBC Sport. 21 February 2001.
- "Southend 0–0 Hartlepool". BBC Sport. 15 September 2001.
- "U21 International: Ireland unable to bridge class gap". The Telegraph. 27 March 2001.
- "Keely snaps up duo". BBC Sport. 21 August 2003.
- "Leeman agrees Glens deal". BBC Sport. 28 January 2004.
- "Simms agrees Ballymena deal". BBC Sport. 26 May 2004.
- "Simms agrees terms at Finn Harps". BBC Sport. 1 February 2007.
- "Hednesford complete Simms signing". BBC Sport. 25 June 2007.