|Member of the Saskatchewan Legislative Assembly
for Saskatoon Northwest
October 18, 2010
|Preceded by||Serge LeClerc|
|Saskatoon City Councillor|
October 22, 2003 – October 18, 2010
|Preceded by||Peter McCann|
|Succeeded by||Randy Donauer|
|Political party||Saskatchewan Party|
Gordon Wyant, QC is a lawyer and politician from Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada. He has served elected positions on two levels of government, on the provincial and municipal level. Wyant currently serves as a member of the Legislative Assembly of Saskatchewan since winning a by-election in 2010. He has served as Minister of Justice and Attorney General since May 25, 2012, and as Minister Responsible for SaskBuilds since June 5, 2014. He previously served as a member of Saskatoon City Council from 2003 to 2010.
He was born and raised in Saskatoon, earning both a Bachelor of Arts and his law degree at the University of Saskatchewan. In 2008 he was appointed Queen's Counsel. Wyant has also served as a member of the Saskatoon Board of Police Commissioners and on the Board of Directors of Saskatoon's Credit Union Centre.
Wyant was elected to the Legislative Assembly of Saskatchewan in a by-election on October 18, 2010, representing the electoral district of Saskatoon Northwest as a member of the Saskatchewan Party. He was re-elected in the 2011 general election. He previously served on Saskatoon City Council, serving in Ward 5 from 2003 until 2010.
Wyant has four adult children with his wife, Christine Hrudka.
- "Constituency of Saskatoon Northwest By-Election Monday, October 18, 2010". Elections Saskatchewan. Archived from the original on September 27, 2010. Retrieved 2010-12-27.
- "Gord Wyant wins Saskatoon Northwest byelection for Saskatchewan Party". The StarPhoenix. Postmedia Network. October 19, 2010. Retrieved 2010-12-27.[permanent dead link]
- Hamilton, Charles (4 November 2010). "Will By-Election Bring Change to Council Cliques?". Planet S Magazine. Retrieved 27 December 2010.
- "Gordon S. Wyant". McKercher LLP. Archived from the original on 2011-07-06. Retrieved 2010-12-27.
- "Gordon Wyant – Saskatoon Northwest – Saskatchewan Party". Legislative Assembly of Saskatchewan. Archived from the original on 2011-04-30. Retrieved 2010-12-27.
- "2008 Queen's Counsel Appointments". Government of Saskatchewan. December 31, 2008. Archived from the original on December 18, 2010. Retrieved 2010-12-27.
- "Benchers' Digest – Queen's Counsel Ceremony" (PDF). Law Society of Saskatchewan. April 2009. pp. 4–5. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2011-07-20. Retrieved 2010-12-27.
- "Board of Police Commissioners". Saskatoon Police Service. Retrieved 2010-12-27.
- "Board of Directors". Credit Union Centre. Retrieved 2010-12-27.
- "Wyant wins Saskatoon Northwest byelection". CBC News. October 18, 2010. Retrieved 2015-06-07.