|Main source||Hope Blue River Range|
|River mouth||Tasman Sea|
The Gorge River is a river on the West Coast of New Zealand. It arises in the Hope Blue River Range and flows south-west into the Tasman Sea. Its tributaries include the Duncan River and Jerry River. It passes through Cascade Forest. Its mouth is about 15 km north-east of Awarua Point. The Gorge Islands are very small islands near the mouth. At its mouth, it is a fast tidal river.
- Peter Dowling (editor) (2004). Reed New Zealand Atlas. Reed Books. pp. map 88. ISBN 0-7900-0952-8.
- Roger Smith, GeographX (2005). The Geographic Atlas of New Zealand. Robbie Burton. pp. map 190–191. ISBN 1-877333-20-4.
- Discover New Zealand:A Wises Guide (9th ed.). 1994. p. 298.
- Stewart, G.G. (1 March 1937). "A Wilderness of Enchantment — South Westland and Beyond. — New Zealand's least known but most fascinating territory. — Chronicle of a trip made by Mr. G. H. Mackley, General Manager of the New Zealand Railways, and the writer". The New Zealand Railways Magazine. 11 (12): 13. Retrieved 19 July 2009.
- Land Information New Zealand - Search for Place Names
|This article about a river in the West Coast, New Zealand is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|