Gorham Township, Fulton County, Ohio
|Gorham Township, Fulton County, Ohio|
Deer Creek east of Fayette
Location of Gorham Township in Fulton County
|• Total||43.5 sq mi (112.8 km2)|
|• Land||43.4 sq mi (112.4 km2)|
|• Water||0.1 sq mi (0.4 km2)|
|Elevation||755 ft (230 m)|
|• Density||54.6/sq mi (21.1/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086127|
Gorham Township is one of the twelve townships of Fulton County, Ohio, United States. The 2010 census found 2,260 people in the township, 977 of whom lived in the unincorporated portions of the township.
Located in the northwestern corner of the county along the Michigan line, it borders the following townships:
- Medina Township, Lenawee County, Michigan - north
- Seneca Township, Lenawee County, Michigan - northeast
- Chesterfield Township - east
- Dover Township - southeast corner
- Franklin Township - south
- Mill Creek Township, Williams County - west
- Wright Township, Hillsdale County, Michigan - northwest
The village of Fayette is located in central Gorham Township.
Name and history
It is the only Gorham Township statewide.
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
Harrison Lake State Park is a popular destination.
An eastern portion of the township is part of the Chesterfield telephone exchange, which is served by Windstream Ohio, with telephone numbers using the following code:
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Fulton County 2014 Population Estimates For Cities, Villages, and Townships Ohio State University, published May 2015. Accessed 29 March 2016.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.
- School District Boundary Maps GreatSchools.org. Retrieved 29 March 2016
- Zip Map: Fulton County ZipMap.net
- PUCO: Ohio Telephone Exchange Areas puco.gov
- PUCO: Electric Service Areas of Ohio puco.gov