|Birth name||Alonzo Mathis|
|Born||January 27, 1983|
|Labels||International Music Group (current)
Bad Boy South, Block, Atlantic, E1 Music (former)
|Associated acts||Boyz n da Hood, Yung Joc, Diddy, Lil Wayne, Gucci Mane, OJ Da Juiceman, Trae, YC|
Alonzo Keith Mathis (born January 27, 1983), better known by his stage name Gorilla Zoe // is an American Hip hop recording artist. He is a former artist with Trustnobody Ent. Under Tavares "Buck" Thomas. Then he became a member of rap group Boyz N Da Hood. His solo debut album Welcome to the Zoo ghost written by Ernest Gibbs. came out in 2007. His next two albums, Don't Feed Da Animals and King Kong were released in 2009 and 2011.
In 2006 He replaced Young Jeezy as a member of Boyz n da Hood. He first saw success in collaborations with Yung Joc's "Coffee Shop" and "Bottle Poppin'," which charted under several Billboard charts. He would then be signed as a solo artist for Block Entertainment & Bad Boy South.
2007: Welcome to the Zoo
On June 19, 2007 Gorilla Zoe released his first single "Hood Figga" it was a success peaking on the Billboard 100 at #38. His first solo album, Welcome to the Zoo, was released October 2007, peaking at #18 on the Billboard 200, #8 on Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums, and #3 on Top Rap Albums. In 2007 Gorilla Zoe was chosen for the 2008 XXL Freshmen cover along with rappers Saigon, Plies, Rich Boy, Joell Ortiz, Lupe Fiasco, Lil Boosie, Crooked I, Papoose & Young Dro.
2009: Don't Feed Da Animals
On October 28, 2008 Gorilla Zoe released His first single from his second album entitled "Lost". Don't Feed Da Animals topped the Billboard Top Rap Albums chart. On March 17, 2009 Gorilla Zoe's second solo album, Don't Feed Da Animals, it sold 29,000 copies its first week peaking on the Billboard 200 at #8. The second single from the album was "What It Is", featuring Rick Ross, and Kollosus, and the third single "Echo" followed.
2010-11: Mixtapes, I Am Atlanta 3 EP & King Kong
For the month of February 2010, Gorilla Zoe released a mixtape every day on the mixtape website DatPiff.com. Gorilla Zoe is currently working on a mixtape with Die-Verse City's member "Qu1k". He also released an EP named I Am Atlanta 3, it is currently available on iTunes.
On June 14, 2011 Gorilla Zoe released his third solo album King Kong the album was not as successful as his previous albums only charting on the Billboard 200 at no. 56 with 10,300 copies in its first week out. Allmusic rated the album three-and-a-half stars out of five. The song from the album, "What's Goin' On", was released on December 14, 2010, and peaked no. 99 at the Billboard Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs Chart.
On May 6, 2014 after a two year hiatus Gorilla Zoe released a new mixtape entitled Recovery, it was also revealed that Gorilla Zoe had signed to fellow rapper Flo Rida's label International Music Group.
- Birchmeier, Jason. "Gorilla Zoe > Biography". allmusic. Retrieved 2009-08-06.
- "Gorilla Zoe > Charts & Albums > Billboard Albums". allmusic. Retrieved 2009-08-06.
- "Gorilla Zoe - Chart History - Rap Albums". Billboard. Archived from the original on April 10, 2014. Retrieved 2009-08-06.
- Fear, Danielle (2008-07-03). "Gorilla Zoe". BritishHipHop.co.uk. Retrieved 2009-08-06.
- Reid, Shaheem (2009-03-17). "Gorilla Zoe's 'Lost' Video Targets Your 'Deepest Depression'". MTV News. Retrieved 2009-08-06.
- "Gorilla Zoe 28 Mixtapes 28 Days".
- Langhorne, Cyrus (2011-06-22). "Eminem & Royce Da 5'9 Raise Hell, Gorilla Zoe Climbs High, Random Axe Slices Into The Chart". Sohh.Com. Retrieved 2012-02-27.
- "Allmusic Review".
- What's Goin On - Single by Gorilla Zoe - Download What's Goin On - Single on iTunes
- "Gorilla Joe - Chart History". Billboard. Retrieved August 7, 2014.