Gormiti: The Invincible Lords of Nature (Italian: Gormiti: Gli Invincibili Signori della Natura), later changed to Gormiti: The Lords of Nature Return!, is a toy property based primarily on 2-inch tall non-articulated mini figures with a trading card game play aspect. The toys were created in Italy in 2005 by Grani & Partners/Giochi Preziosi (company).
For Gormiti generally means some monsters of plastic, with about 3-5 inches high, sold in bags closed, along with a card containing a description of the character in question. Although the game modes are possible different, are generally used by children in the age group 4–8 years as puppets battle for free play and, as children and adults, as collection pieces.
The Gormitis are the warriors of the island of Gorm, divided into two great armies - of good and evil - according to mythology created for the occasion reminiscent in many places of Lord of the Rings. The two armies are in turn divided into various peoples, usually tied to a natural element (People of the Sea, People of Lava ...) that characterizes appearance and powers.
The mechanics of sale is similar to that of the figurines: the sale in sachets closed does not allow the choice, and involves the purchase of duplication which in turn feed a phenomenon of exchange. The remarkable success has led to the spread of a large secondary market: figurines, games and other children's products marked "Gormiti", dedicated magazines, DVDs and even a theatrical show.
Previously, in the 80s, the Giochi Preziosi distributed static figures of plastic sachets with similar aims, called Exogini, which were also a big hit with the kids then. In that case it was however an Italianisation of existing static figures; were inspired by the manga Kinnikuman, a comic (and then cartoon) dedicated to the theme of space wrestler. These figurines were in all respects identical to those produced in the USA and Japan, except for the difference of the names of the characters, and the plastic used, more harder, and similar to that used for the regular Gormiti.
|Also known as||Gormiti, che miti|
|Genre||Action, Fantasy, Adventure, Comedy-drama|
|Created by||Sylvain Girault, Pascal Jardin|
|Directed by||Leandro Consumi, Gianfranco Enrietto|
|Starring||Paolo De Santis
Massimo Di Benedetto
|Opening theme||"Gormiti, che miti!"|
|Composer(s)||Alessandra Valeri Manera
|Country of origin||Italy
|No. of seasons||3|
|No. of episodes||65|
|Running time||22 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Marathon Media
|Original network||Italia 1 (Italy, 2008–2010)
Boing (Italy, 2010)
Canal J (France, 2008-2010)
|Original release||October 27, 2008|
|Related shows||Gormiti Nature Unleashed|
The television series, also known as Gormiti, che miti in Italian, was co-produced by Giochi Preziosi and Marathon Media and based on the original Gormiti characters. It was broadcast for the first time on Italia 1 and Canal J from 27 October 2008. It started on October 5, 2009 on Cartoon Network in the United States, and Latin America on Disney XD of the year 2011. The TV series consisted of three seasons, Gormiti: The Lords of Nature Return!, Gormiti: The Supreme Eclipse Era! and Gormiti: The Neorganic Evolution, Gormiti: The Supreme Eclipse Era returning to the USA and Canada in Summer 2012.
On January 3, 2011, Giochi Preziosi Group launched its series Gormiti Lords of Nature Return — co-produced by Giochi Preziosi Group and Marathon Media, in Brazil. The series is the number one show on TV Globinho. Gormiti has been well known among boys in Brazil, long before the television show appeared. There are already over 200 Gormiti licensed toys on the market in Brazil.
The show follows two brothers, Nick and Toby, who discover that they have the power to transform into powerful creatures known as Gormitis. Their two friends Jessica and Lucas join the fight, and together they harness the power of the four elements. Now it's up to them to save their world, and many others, from destruction
List of Gormiti characters
- Nick's older brother and somewhat lazy. The lead protagonist and a popular character, a boy with blond hair, fair skin, and blue eyes. He would rather 'go Gormiti' than stay as a Keeper in the Primal Pad. He can become the Lord of Water and can control water from rivers and seas and can breathe underwater. In Curse of the Crown it's discovered that Toby's fear is spiders and in Going Buggy he is forced to face his fear head on to save his friends, allowing him in the end to conquer his fear of spiders (although he still gets startled by them). He loves playing football and playing tricks on his friends. Favorite attack - 'Aqua Blast'. Voiced by: Sam Riegel
- The co-protagonist of the series, a boy with brown hair, fair skin, brown eyes, wearing glasses and naturally is the nerd of the team. A counter to Toby, he is tidy by nature, worries about his studies and likes to observe proper manners and protocols on Earth and in Gorm. Can become disappointed when he can't be the Keeper in the Primal Pad (and guide his friends through the Gorm world), since he's the one who studies up on it the most. He is Toby's younger brother. Often at odds with Toby, differences are usually reconciled by the end of each episode. He is the Lord of the Earth, so he can control the rocks and stones. Favorite attack - 'Seismic Smash'. Voiced by: Brian Beacock
- A boy with brown hair, brown skin and green eyes that is a great lover of nature. He loves gardening school. He is the Lord of the Forest and can control the trees and plants. He has a disproportionate obsession with the environment and loves flowers, trees and birds. He is oblivious of Gina's feelings for him. Favorite attack - 'Jungle Attack'. Voiced by: Ogie Banks
- The only girl in the group. Also blonde, fair skinned, and blue-eyed. She is optimistic and never afraid to face the Gormiti. Toby gets her mad sometimes. Along with Gina, who is her best friend, she sometimes can show a strong interest in shopping - Saying for instance that "you can never have enough shoes". Physically, she can show sporty abilities even when she is not transformed, scoring higher than Toby in Judo for example. She is the Lord of the Air, so she can fly and control the winds. Although often engaged in fashion-related occurrences, she is always there for her friends and above all else when there are problems, does not hesitate to risk her life to save them. Favorite attack - 'Wind Attack'. Voiced by: Melissa Fahn (Season 1), Kate Higgins (Seasons 2-3)
- He is a small, sarcastic talking dinosaur who prefers to be called a terrible lizard that lives in the primal pad and acts as the kids' link between Earth and Gorm. When there is trouble in Gorm, he goes to find the kids and always risks being seen and/or startles the kids when he appears (and usually gets startled himself by their initial shock). He has a habit of running off when there is danger.
- A girl who appeared in a few episodes in the first season (she also made a cameo on the first episode of the third season), she always tries to catch Toby, Lucas, Nick and Jessica. She thought they were aliens (actually it was a joke that the boys had spread to get rid of her). In episode 25 "Slip Rift I" (which has more importance) a giant whirlwind carries Paula to Gorm, and finds out that Toby, Lucas, Nick and Jessica were the Lords of Nature and Razzle is a talking lizard. Did test shots with her camera and then showed them to her brother Ike, but, unfortunately for her, the photos had been deleted by Razzle and in the end she was unable to catch them.
- A classmate of Nick and Archaeology Club Component is always cracking jokes in bad taste and hates Toby for unknown reasons and usually tends to be his bodyguard. He is the older brother of Paula. He also appears only in the first season.
- She is the best friend of Jessica. Like Ike and Paula, she mostly appears in the first season. She is also obsessed with fashion, like Jessica and is always there when needed. She is in love with Lucas and has no problems showing it and is also the football team's mascot for the soccer team Toby and Nick are on.
List of Gormiti episodes
|Season premiere||Season finale|
|1||26||October 5, 2009||November 9, 2009|
|1. The Sulfur Stone||October 5, 2009|
|2. Lucas Goes Green||October 6, 2009|
|3. The Keeper Kept||October 7, 2009|
|4. Tidal Wave Goodbye||October 8, 2009|
|5. Curse of the Crown||October 9, 2009|
|6. Beastly||October 12, 2009|
|7. Outsiders||October 13, 2009|
|8. Black Salt Diamonds||October 14, 2009|
|9. Underwater Extinction||October 15, 2009|
|10. Root of Evil||October 16, 2009|
|11. Shock to the System||October 19, 2009|
|12. Sick Day||October 20, 2009|
|13. Tunnel Vision||October 21, 2009|
|14. Toad House Blues||October 22, 2009|
|15. Lords of Fate||October 23, 2009|
|16. Sting of Insecticus||October 26, 2009|
|17. Super Gormiti||October 27, 2009|
|18. Crops of Wrath||October 28, 2009|
|19. The Fog||October 29, 2009|
|20. The Harvest||October 30, 2009|
|21. Manners||November 2, 2009|
|22. Labyrinth of Chaos||November 3, 2009|
|23. The Supreme of Darkness||November 4, 2009|
|24. Dazed||November 5, 2009|
|25. Slip Rift: Part 1||November 6, 2009|
|26. Slip Rift: Part 2||November 9, 2009|
|27.The Rot of Gorm||TBA|
|29.The Crystal Curse||TBA|
|30.The Forgotten Valley||TBA|
|33.The Ring of Eteernity||TBA|
|34.Diamonds are an Evil Lord's Best Friend||TBA|
|36.Exchange of Powers||TBA|
|37.Battle from Within||TBA|
|44.Flight of the Snow Eagle||TBA|
|45.The Pearl of the Deep||TBA|
|47.Power of the North||TBA|
|48.Power of the West||TBA|
|49.Power of the South||TBA|
|50.Power of the East||TBA|
|51.Eternal Eclipse:Part 1||TBA|
|52.Eternal Eclipse:Part 2||TBA|
|54.Dust in the Wind||TBA|
|55.Forces of the Water||TBA|
|56.Forest of fire||TBA|
|57.The Curse of the Winds||TBA|
|62.The Poisoned Forest||TBA|
The first season was released on DVD by Clear Vision in March 2011, with the 2nd season being released on the 18th of Feb 2013. No plans for releasing the 3rd were ever made.
The first season of Gormiti is available for streaming via Toon Goggles On-Demand Entertainment for Kids.
All three seasons can also be located on HULU.
- Gormiti Official Site, Official Giochi Preziosi Gormiti Website.
- "Gormiti: The Lords of Nature Return!". TV.com. Retrieved 2012-08-27.