Gornergrat railway station
Canton of Valais,
|Elevation||3,089 m (10,135 ft)|
|Opened||20 August 1898|
Gornergrat is the upper terminal railway station of the Gornergrat railway, a rack railway which links it with the resort of Zermatt. The station is situated at the summit of the Gornergrat, in the Swiss municipality of Zermatt and canton of Valais. At an altitude of 3,089 m (10,135 ft) above mean sea level, it is the highest open-air railway station in Europe.
Near the station is the Kulm Hotel, a hotel and observatory.
- List of highest railway stations in Switzerland
- List of buildings and structures above 3000 m in Switzerland
- "Fahrplan Zermatt - Gornergrat (28.04.2014 - 06.06.2014)" [Timetable Zermatt - Gornergrat (28.04.2014 - 06.06.2014)] (in German). Gornergratbahn. Archived from the original on 2014-06-05. Retrieved 2014-05-30.
- "Betriebsdaten" [Operating data] (in German). Gornergratbahn. Archived from the original on 2014-06-02. Retrieved 2014-05-30.
- map.geo.admin.ch (Map). Swiss Confederation. Retrieved 2014-06-01.
- Media related to Gornergrat railway station at Wikimedia Commons
|This article about a railway station in Switzerland is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|