|• Mayor||Mr. Brijesh Yadav (SP)|
|• Total||5.9 km2 (2.3 sq mi)|
|Elevation||113 m (371 ft)|
|• Density||1,600/km2 (4,200/sq mi)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Gosainganj is located at  It has an average elevation of 113 meters (374 feet). Gosaiganj is located 20 km from Lucknow city on Lucknow to Sultanpur Highway (NH-56) and about 22 km from Lucknow Charbagh Railway Station..
As of 2011[update] India census, Gosainganj had a population of 9,649. Males constitute 51% of the population and females 49%. Gosainganj has an average literacy rate of 62%, more than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 64%, and female literacy is 60%. In Gosainganj, 15% of the population is under 6 years of age.
- It is well connected by Indian National HighwayNH-56 in between Lucknow and Sultanpur. The distance from Gosainganj to Lucknow is around 20 km, Gosaiganj to Haidergarh around 32 km, Gosaiganj to Mohanlalaganj is 19 km and Gosaiganj to Sultanpur is around 115 km.
- The main Bus Stop from where connectivity to different parts of State is available is Alambagh Bus Stop and kaiserbagh bus stand situated in Lucknow.
- Main transport here to reach Lucknow or to other city is Private Vehicle's like Tempo, Upnagriya City Buses (Lucknow - Gosaiganj - Haidergarh).
- Anupganj Railway Station is situated in Gosaiganj.The station is having few passenger trains connecting to Lucknow and Sultanpur.
- The main Railway Station to connect from here to state and country wise is Lucknow Charbagh railway station.
- Mata Chaturbhji Temple is one of the most famous temple situated in Matan Tola area of Gosainganj.
- Sai Temple in Gumti Number situated one side of NH-56 in Gumti Number 5 area of Gosaiganj.
- Bajarang bali 'Bada Mandir' Temple is Situated in main Town.
- Negula Beer Baba Temple is Situated in Check Post area (Qila) of Gosainganj.
- Siddheshwar Temple ( Shiv Mandir) including Mata Sheetla mandir and Shanidev mandir situated in between market behind Hanuman mandir.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc added by- Saurabhsulabh Singh nagram Gosainganj
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
|This Lucknow district location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|