|This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Gossip: buddy list and conversation window
|Developer(s)||Imendio, now Lanedo|
0.31 / August 2, 2008
|License||GNU General Public License|
Gossip is an instant messaging client for Unix-like operating systems. It uses XMPP protocol and adheres to GNOME's published human interface guidelines. It is written in the C programming language, and its main developer is Mikael Hallendal, founder of Imendio.
Among its features are:
- Presence of your contacts
- Send and receive messages
- Group chatting
- Keeping all of your conversations logged
- Sound notification
- Compliance with GNOME's Human Interface Guidelines
- GNOME project. "Gossip". Retrieved 2008-06-27.
- Saint-André, Peter (2009). XMPP: The Definitive Guide: Building Real-Time Applications with Jabber Technologies. O'Reilly Media.
|This network-related software article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This GNOME-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|