Some of this article's listed sources may not be reliable. (September 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (September 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This article is being considered for deletion in accordance with Wikipedia's deletion policy.
Please share your thoughts on the matter at this article's entry on the Articles for deletion page.
Feel free to improve the article, but the article must not be blanked, and this notice must not be removed, until the discussion is closed. For more information, particularly on merging or moving the article during the discussion, read the guide to deletion.
|Song by Kanye West|
|from the album Freshmen Adjustment|
|Released||March 21, 2005|
The lyrics: "I'm finna get on this TV and put s**t down/I ain't finna let these light skinned ni**as come back in style" from "Gossip Files" were reused as: "I'mma get on this TV, mama/I'mma, I'mma put s**t down" in West's 2004 song "School Spirit". As well as this, the lyrics "‘Cause we the leaders, and they the followers/And we the nut busters, and they the swallowers" were reused in his 2013 song "New Slaves" as: "You see it's leaders and it's followers/But I'd rather be a d**k than a swallower".
- "Digging deep: Kanye's sharp edge". Dummy Mag. Retrieved September 1, 2018.
- "Freshmen Adjustment - Kanye West". AllMusic. Retrieved September 1, 2018.
- "Kanye West's 'Gossip Files' sample of Belle Epoque's 'Me and You'". WhoSampled. Retrieved September 1, 2018.
- "Kanye West's 'Gossip Files' sample of Ol' Dirty Bastard's 'Shimmy Shimmy Ya'". WhoSampled. Retrieved September 1, 2018.
- "Kanye West - Gossip Files Lyrics". Genius Lyrics. Retrieved September 3, 2018.
- "Kanye West Recycles Lyrics From Old Material". Noisey. Retrieved September 3, 2018.