Jump to navigation Jump to search
Municipality of Gostivar
Komuna e Gostivarit
|• Mayor||Arben Taravari (AA)|
|• Total||513.39 km2 (198.22 sq mi)|
|• Density||158/km2 (410/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
- Gostivar is also the name of the town where the municipal seat is found.
- Gostivar Municipality is part of the Polog Statistical Region.
The municipality borders
- the Mavrovo and Rostuša, Kičevo municipalities to the south,
- Makedonski Brod Municipality to the east,
- Brvenica and Vrapčište municipalities to the north, and
- Albania and Kosovo to the west.
The municipality has 35 inhabited places, one town and 34 villages.
According to the last national census from 2002 this municipality has 81,042 inhabitants.
Ethnic groups in the municipality include:
- Albanians = 54,038 (66.7%)
- Macedonians = 15,877 (19.6%)
- Turks = 7,991 (9.9%)
- Roma = 2,237 (2.8%)
- 2002 census results in English and Macedonian (PDF)