Got a Lot o' Livin' to Do!
|"Got a Lot o' Livin' to Do!"|
|Single by Elvis Presley|
|from the album Loving You|
|B-side||"Got a Lot o' Livin' to Do!"|
|Format||7" vinyl (45 rpm), 10" shellac (78 rpm)|
The song was written by Aaron Schroeder and Ben Weisman. The latter, a songwriter from New York, came (according to the book Elvis Day by Day, „presumably in hopes of seeing that his song, "Got a Lot O' Livin' to Do," [would] be included in the soundtrack“) to the recording studio in Hollywood where Presley was working on the songs for the movie. Elvis Presley later recalled:
I looked at him, smiled, asked his name, and why he was in the studio. He said he was Ben Weisman, and he had composed the song "Got A Lot O' Livin' To Do". I hollered at the guys to come out and we started playing the song. After that day, Ben and I became really good friends and he would wind up writing fifty-seven songs for me. Funny how chance meetings end up!
No other songwriter wrote as many songs for Presley as Ben Weisman did.
In Europe "Got a Lot o' Livin' to Do!" was released as a single with "Party" on the other side. Both songs appeared on the UK Singles Chart (as published by the Official Charts Company): "Party" charted 15 weeks, peaking at number 2 for the week of October 10, while "Got a Lot o' Livin' to Do!" charted 4 weeks, peaking at number 17 for the week of October 24.
Musical style and lyrics
|UK Singles Chart (Official Charts Company)||17|
- Wyborn Senna (11 March 2015). The New Elvis. Full Fathom Five Digital. pp. 75–. ISBN 978-1-63370-037-6.
- Bar Biszick-Lockwood (2010). Restless Giant: The Life and Times of Jean Aberbach and Hill and Range Songs. University of Illinois Press. pp. 207–. ISBN 978-0-252-07694-7.
Got A Lot 'O Livin' To Do Ben Weisman Loving You.
- Peter Guralnick; Ernst Jorgensen (1999). Elvis Day by Day. Ballantine Books. ISBN 978-0-345-42089-3.
- Jay Warner (2004). On this Day in Music History. Hal Leonard Corporation. pp. 17–. ISBN 978-0-634-06693-1.
- Rebecca June (22 April 2015). The King Or A Pauper A Story Told to Me by Elvis. Lulu.com. pp. 119–. ISBN 978-1-329-00294-4.
- "Elvis Presley And The Jordanaires - Party at Discogs". Retrieved 2016-12-14.
- "Elvis Presley - full Official Chart History". Official Charts Company. Retrieved 2016-12-14.
- Patrick Humphries (2 March 2003). Elvis The #1 Hits: The Secret History of the Classics. Andrews McMeel Publishing. pp. 40–. ISBN 978-0-7407-3803-6.
- Ken Burke; Dan Griffin (1 August 2006). The Blue Moon Boys. Chicago Review Press. pp. 101–. ISBN 978-1-56976-409-1.
Got a Lot o' Livin' to Do.
- William D. Goodfellow (4 February 2014). SongCite: An Index to Popular Songs, Supplement 1. Taylor & Francis. pp. 55–. ISBN 978-1-135-68117-3.