Hakone Otome Side, February 2012
||1898-3 Niihashi, Gotemba, Shizuoka
Gotemba Station (御殿場駅 Gotemba-eki) is a railway station on the Gotemba Line in the eastern part of Gotemba, Shizuoka, Japan, operated by Central Japan Railway Company (JR Central). It is one of the gateway stations to Mount Fuji and the Fuji Five Lakes (including Lake Kawaguchi and Lake Yamanaka).
Gotemba Station is served by the Gotemba Line. The limited express train Asagiri runs between Shinjuku (Tokyo) and this station via Matsuda.
Gotemba Station has a single side platform and a single island platform serving three tracks. The station building has automated ticket machines, IC card TOICA automated turnstiles (IC card is available only for Numazu direction), and a seat reservation service counter. The station building is elevated, and connected to the platforms by an overpass.
View of the platforms, April 2012
||This Section does not cite any sources. (September 2012)
Gotemba Station opened on February 1, 1889 as one of the original stations of the Tōkaidō Main Line between Kōzu and Shizuoka.
From 1955, in a joint operation with Odakyu Electric Railway, JNR began operating the limited express Asagiri service from Shinjuku to Gotemba.
Along with its division and privatization of JNR on April 1, 1987, the station came under the control and operation of the Central Japan Railway Company.
Bus tickets and "Hakone Free Pass" (excursion ticket) can be bought at Bus Information on each side.
- Mt. Fuji side
- for Kawaguchiko Station (Lake Kawaguchi) via Fujisan Station (Fujikyuko Line) and Lake Yamanaka, by Fujikyu Bus
- for Mt. Fuji 5th stage and Camp Fuji (USMC), by Fujikyu Bus
- for Yokohama Station, by Fuji Express and Sotetsu Bus
- for Ichigao Station, and Tokyo Station, by Fujikyu Yamanashi Bus and JR Bus Kanto
- for Kyōto Station, Ōsaka Station, Namba Station, and Ōsaka Abenobashi Station, by Fujikyu Shonan Bus and Kintetsu Bus
- for Kokura Station, Nishitetsu Fukuoka (Tenjin) Station, and Hakata Station, by Fujikyu Yamanashi Bus and Nishi-Nippon Railroad
- Hakone Otome side
- Harris, Ken and Clarke, Jackie. Jane's World Railways 2008-2009. Jane's Information Group (2008). ISBN 0-7106-2861-7
- Ishino, Tetsu et al. (eds.) (1998). 停車場変遷大事典 国鉄・JR編 [Station Transition Directory - JNR/JR] (in Japanese) II. Tokyo: JTB Corporation. ISBN 4533029809. (Japanese)
Coordinates: 35°18′02″N 138°56′04″E / 35.300467°N 138.934361°E