|Parent company||Penguin Random House|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Headquarters location||New York City|
Avery Publishing is a book publishing imprint of the Penguin Group, founded as an independent publisher in 1976 by Rudy Shur and partners, and purchased by Penguin in 1999. The current president is veteran publisher William Shinker. Their offices were located at one time in Garden City, New York, home to other publisher's offices.
Penguin merged the Gotham Press and Hudson Street Press imprints into Avery in 2015.
- Foods That Heal: A Guide to Understanding and Using the Healing Powers of Natural Foods, Bernard Jensen (1989) ISBN 0895294052
- Confessions of a Kamikaze Cowboy: A True Story of Discovery, Acting, Health, Illness, Recovery, and Life, Dirk Benedict (1991) ISBN 0895294796
- Dressed to Kill: The Link between Breast Cancer and Bras, Sydney Ross Singer and Soma Grismaijer (1995) ISBN 0895296640, 9780895296641
- When Enough is Enough: A Comprehensive Guide to Successful Intervention, Candy Finnigan (2008) ISBN 978-1583332979
- Sharks Don't Get Cancer, I. William Lane (1992)
- NeuroTribes, Steve Silberman (Samuel Johnson Prize, 2015)
Notes and references
- "Rudy Shur Interview". Absolutewrite.com. 2010-08-31. Retrieved 2014-01-01.
- "About Square One". Squareonepublishers.com. Archived from the original on 2013-12-09. Retrieved 2014-01-01.
- "Penguin Putnam Inc. Signs Agreement to Acquire The Avery Publishing Group. - Free Online Library". Thefreelibrary.com. 1999-08-19. Retrieved 2014-01-01.
- John F. Baker (1999-08-23). "Penguin Putnam Buying Avery". Publishersweekly.com. Retrieved 2014-01-01.
- "Avery - Publishers - Penguin Group (USA)". Us.penguingroup.com. 2001-09-04. Retrieved 2014-01-01.
- Big Changes at Penguin Publishing Group