|This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
- Not to be confused with its sister company, Gothong Southern
|Founder||Don Carlos A. Gothong / Don Alfredo Gothong|
|Headquarters||Alfredo Gothong Private Wharf FF Cruz, Pier 7, Reclamation Area,, Mandaue City, Philippines|
|Manila, Cebu, Cagayan De Oro, Ozamis, Nasipit, Iligan|
|Benjamin Gothong, President & General Manager|
Carlos A. Gothong Lines, popularly known as CAGLI and formerly once known as simply Gothong Lines, is a passenger and cargo ferry company based in Cebu, Philippines. CAGLI was formerly a part of WG&A SuperFerry, a company in January 1996 which served 23 major provincial ports throughout the Philippines and was the first domestic shipping company in the country to be certified by the International Safety Management Code standard. CAGLI, William Lines and Aboitiz Shipping (Aboitiz Transport System Corporation) formed was the biggest merger in the Philippine shipping industry.
With a mandate from the patriarch, Don Alfredo D. Gothong, the three siblings Bowen D. Gothong, Ben D. Gothong and Brezilda Gothong Co, lead the rebirth of CAGLI with the launching of its first vessel, Butuan Bay 1, on October 3, 2002.
Positioning the company as a low-cost operator, the CAGLI President, Ben D. Gothong is helped by the fourth generation of their family who are actively involved in the day-to-day operations of the shipping operations and other affiliate businesses. They are Calvin Boniface Lee Gothong, COO of Carlos A. Gothong Lines, Inc., Clark Lee Gothong, COO of Danao Coco Palms Resort, Jade T. Gothong, COO of GT Ferry and PCDC Group.
Port of Calls
- Subic Bay 1
- Manila Bay I
- Butuan Bay 1 (now Trans-Asia 5)
- Ozamiz Bay 1
- Cagayan Bay 1
- ADG Terminal Mandaue
- ADG Terminal Cagayan
- ADG Terminal Nasipit
Tug boat assistance
GT Ferry (GTF), a subsidiary of Carlos A. Gothong Lines Inc. provides ship docking services and towing assistance to all types of commercial vessels and barges in the Philippines.
- Tug 2
- Tug 3
- Tug 4
- Tug 5
Real Estate Ventures
GT Landev, the lines real estate arm, started with port and warehouse developments in Cebu, Cagayan, Nasipit, Iligan, and Ozamis. Currently it is planning three projects: the 30-storey GT TimeSquare in Cebu, and one project each in Cordova and in Compostela.
Danao Coco Palms Resort is a 20,000 square meter property.
- Manila Bay 1 caught fire by the afternoon of October 21 but no one was reported injured. Initial investigation revealed that the fire started inside the vessel’s engine room. The cargo vessel was supposed to travel to Manila the other night but postponed its voyage due to super typhoon Lawin
- List of shipping companies in the Philippines
- Aleson Shipping Lines
- Ever Shipping Lines
- Cokaliong Shipping Lines
- http://www.sunstar.com.ph/static/ceb/2002/09/26/bus/gothong.launches.ship.html Archived June 7, 2008, at the Wayback Machine.
- http://www.cagothonglines.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=21&Itemid=52[dead link]
- http://www.cagothonglines.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=13&Itemid=21[dead link]
- GT Land Development - where Good Things happen-GT Land Development
- Danao Coco Palms website | Cebu hotel
- "Filsec - Filipino Ship Enthusiast Coalition - Photo of Manila Bay 1". www.facebook.com. Retrieved 2016-10-30.
- "Cargo vessel catches fire; no one injured". philstar.com. Retrieved 2016-10-30.