Goulburn Valley Grammar School
|Goulburn Valley Grammar School|
|455 Verney Road
Shepparton, Victoria, 3630
|Founder||Mr Victor Ryall|
|Principal||Mr Mark Torriero|
Gold & Navy Blue
Goulburn Valley Grammar School (or GVGS) is an independent, co-educational school in Victoria situated on a 17 hectare rural site 6 km north of the centre of Shepparton, approximately 190 km north of Melbourne. Students from across Victoria and southern New South Wales attend, with students from Benalla, Seymour, Cobram, Numurkah, Yarrawonga, Tocumwal, Moama and Echuca all undertaking the daily bus trip. The school's mascot is the pelican, and the motto is Semper Ulterius, which can be translated from Latin to 'Always further', suggesting there is always something more to know or experience. The school was founded in 1982 by Mr. Vic Ryall. It has students from Years 5-12.
In 2008 a new principal was appointed, Mark Torriero. He succeeded Ian Rule, who had been in the position of Principal since 1998.
The school has four houses Dunlop, Fairley, McLennan and Ryall. The houses were names after Edward "Weary" Dunlop, Sir Andrew Fairley, Ian McLennan and founding principal Vic Ryall. The house colours are Blue for Dunlop, Red for Fairley, Green for McLennan and Yellow for Ryall. Students from these houses complete annually in the school Swimming, Athletics, Cross-Country, and Eisteddfod Competitions.
|Victor G Ryall||1982-1989|
|Kevin J Bacon||1990-1991|
|Ian C Rule||1998-2008|
- Ollie Wines - (AFL) (Class of 2012)
- Clayton Oliver - (AFL) (Class of 2015)
- Josh Schache - (AFL) (Class of 2015)
2007 Academic results
2010 Academic results
2011 Academic results
2015 Academic results
2016 Academic results
- VCE School Ranking - 2015 BetterEducation.com.au. Accessed 30 July 2016
- Motto Goulburn Valley Grammar School. Accessed 15 July 2016
- Goulburn Valley Grammar School - Shepparton VIC The Good Schools Guide. Last updated 2016. Accessed 15 July 2016
- Barber, Stella M (2009). Something Quite Noble. Shepparton: Prominent Group. p. 361. ISBN 9780646497556.
- Torriero, Mark (2015). Class of 2015 VCE Results (PDF) (Report). GVGS. Retrieved 9 April 2016.
- "VCE Victoria Rankings 2016". Goulburn Valley Grammar School. Retrieved 24 December 2016.
- Torriero, Mark (2016). Class of 2016 VCE Results (PDF) (Report). GVGS. Retrieved 24 December 2016.