Gourmet Burger Kitchen
||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (January 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Wholly owned subsidiary|
|Headquarters||London, United Kingdom|
|UK, Greece, Ireland & the Middle East|
|Products||New Zealand cuisine|
|Owner||Clapham House Group PLC|
|Slogan||Distinct, cutting edge flavour burgers|
The company was started in London by New Zealanders Adam Wills, Greg Driscoll and Brandon Allen, in 2001. Chef Peter Gordon, a New Zealand-born, London-based chef, oversaw the menu development and the first restaurant opened in 2001, bringing the concept of 'gourmet burgers' to London. GBK is known for its large burgers, fresh produce and casual service style. The initial success of the Battersea restaurant led to further openings across London.
In 2005, the owners sold the business to Clapham House Group PLC  who added a total of 53 restaurants across the UK. In 2010 the restaurant chain was sold to Capricorn Ventures, most notable for operating Nando's. GBK expanded to 60 restaurants across the UK, and has plans to continue growing. Franchises operate in Ireland, Dubai, Greece and Oman.
There is a subtle Kiwi theme throughout the restaurants, a reference to the heritage of the original owners.
- Tobin, Lucy (2014-09-30). "Former PizzaExpress chairman puts an AIM listing on The Real Greek menu". London Evening Standard. Retrieved 2014-10-02.
Page is famous for rising from being a dishwasher at PizzaExpress to manager, franchisee, chief executive and then chairman, before he set up Clapham House. It bought and then expanded Gourmet Burger Kitchen, The Real Greek and Bombay Bicycle Club before being taken over.
- "Fancy a Gourmet Burger Kitchen burger delivered to your desk? Working lunches just got techie". London Evening Standard. Retrieved 21 January 2015.
- "Figtree Prophet rebrands Gourmet Burger Kitchen". Design Week. Retrieved 21 January 2015.
- "Gourmet Burger Kitchen creates ‘Glaswegian’ menu". The Scotsman. Retrieved 21 January 2015.
- "BBC News - Nando's to buy Gourmet Burger Kitchen firm for 拢30m". BBC News. Retrieved 21 January 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Gourmet Burger Kitchen.|