Gourmet Detective is an American/Canadian mystery film series based on a book series of the same name from author Peter King that stars Dylan Neal as Henry Ross, a chef turned culinary sleuth and Brooke Burns as Detective Maggie Price. Set in San Francisco, it airs on Hallmark Movies & Mysteries in the US.
- Dylan Neal as Henry Ross, a charming, single chef and gourmet consultant who is also famous as a blogger
- Brooke Burns as Detective Maggie Price, a leading detective with the Homicide Division in the San Francisco Police Division
- Matthew Kevin Anderson as Munro, part of Detective Price's team
- Marc Senior as Bailey, part of Detective Price's team
- Samantha Ferris as Captain Forsyth, Captain of the Homicide Division and Maggie's boss who first hires Henry as a consultant on one of the cases
- Ali Skovbye as Abigail, Maggie's teenage daughter who lives with her mother
- Christine Willes as Doris, Maggie's mother who lives with her
- Shannon Chan-Kent as Lucy, Henry's devoted assistant who helps him maintaining his blog and with research on his cases
- Brenda Crichlow as Doctor Erica, the Medical Examiner who works with the Police Department
Production and filming
The series is filmed in Vancouver and British Columbia, with production based in Victoria, Vancouver Island. The first film in the series featured the English Inn in Esquimalt as a five-star restaurant. Scenes from the fourth film in the series, Eat, Drink And Be Buried were filmed in Oak Bay and near Trafalgar Park.
|No.||Title||Directed by||Written by||Original air date|
|1||"The Gourmet Detective"||Scott Smith||Peter King, Becky Southwell, Dylan Neal||May 16, 2015|
Maggie Price is a tough workaholic detective with the San Francisco Police Department and works in the homicide division. Recently divorced, she lives with her mother and thirteen-year old daughter Abigail. A casual date turns into an encounter with the gourmet detective Henry Ross who portrays himself as a charming and confident man with a refined taste for food. They are thrown together when an investigative journalist dies at a restaurant owned by Henry's friend. All guests are suspects including Henry but he is paired up with Detective Maggie Price since he knows everyone and everything about the food industry in town.
|2||"The Gourmet Detective: A Healthy Place to Die"||Scott Smith||Peter King, Dawn DeKeyser, Becky Southwell, Dylan Neal||August 2, 2015|
Forced to take a vacation, Detective Maggie Price reluctantly accompanies Henry to a spa resort where Henry and other chefs are presenting their work at a conference. Henry meets journalist Kathleen Evans who has something to tell him but she goes missing the same night. Henry and Maggie must work quietly to catch the unsuspecting culprit as secrets, affairs, and scandals emerge.
|3||"Death Al Dente: A Gourmet Detective Mystery"||Terry Ingram||Peter King, Becky Southwell, Dylan Neal||October 9, 2016|
Henry's friend and restaurateur Leo owns the hottest Italian restaurant in town but it is evident he doesn't get along with his star head chef Matteo. After a break-in at the restaurant, Leo ends up dead with Henry and Maggie working the case. Tensions between them increase as their exes reappear. Both are forced to question their feelings for each other while the case leads them to Leo's family treasure.
|4||"Gourmet Detective Mysteries: Eat, Drink and be Buried"||Mark Jean||Peter King, Becky Southwell, Dylan Neal||October 8, 2017|
Henry and Maggie have been together for three months now. They attend a wealthy businessman and Henry's friend, David Weston's birthday party where Henry is catering food. During an enactment of a scene from the eighteenth century, a fake gun ends up killing one of David's four children. It is up to Henry and Maggie to find the killer as it gets likelier that he or she may be a family member and other family members may be in danger as well.
- "'Gourmet Detective' Is Hallmark Channel's Newest Scintillating Culinary Murder-Mystery". Eater. 22 April 2015.
- "'B&B' Alum Dylan Neal Writes And Stars In Hallmark's 'Gourmet Detective'". Soap Opera Network. 13 January 2015.
- "Dylan Neal stars in 'Gourmet Detective' on Hallmark Movies & Mysteries". Herald Extra. 16 May 2015.
- "Gourmet Detective Exclusive Interview Brooke Burns". AssignmentX. 16 May 2015.
- "Big Picture: Gourmet Detective star has an appetite for comedy". Times Colonist. 4 March 2016.
- "Fifty Shades Darker Filming in Vancouver Starts This Week". "What's Filming". February 15, 2016. Retrieved March 8, 2018.
- "There's a television mystery at Esquimalt's English Inn". Times Colonist. 24 November 2014.
- "Filming spotlights Oak Bay Ave". Oak Bay News. 18 July 2017.
- "Murder mystery movie films on local site, donates to Victoria Hospice in lieu of location fee". Oak Bay News. 29 December 2017.
- Gables, Rick and Christina (May 12, 2015). ""Gourmet Detective" Dishes up a Delectable Murder Mystery". "TV Weekly Now". Retrieved March 8, 2018.
- "Hallmark Movies Gourmet Detective 2, Dylan Neal and Brooke Burns Find Dead Body". "Hollywood Daily Star". August 2, 2015.
- "Hallmark cooks up another mystery with 'Death Al Dente: A Gourmet Detective Mystery'". "Herald Extra". October 12, 2016.
- "Movies 24 Sets UK Premiere Date For 'The Gourmet Detective: Eat, Drink, And Be Buried'". "TVWise". 30 November 2017.