Gourock Outdoor Pool
|Gourock Outdoor Pool|
Gourock Outdoor Pool in 2006
|Address||Albert Road, Gourock, Renfrewshire, Scotland|
|Operator||Inverclyde Leisure Trust|
|Length||33.3 metres (109 ft)|
|Width||15 metres (49 ft)|
|Depth||3.5 metres (11 ft)|
The pool is heated and uses salt water taken from the River Clyde. The water is filtered, cleaned and maintained at a minimum temperature of 29C. Facilities include a gym and a children’s pool. The lido opens from May to the first week in September.
The pool is managed by Inverclyde Leisure.
The pool was closed at the end of the 2010 summer season for a major improvement project, which was completed before the end of 2011. The existing changing accommodation was replaced with a more modern leisure centre, incorporating an enlarged gymnasium and lift access from the street level down to the new changing accommodation and the upgraded pool.
- Smith, Janet (2006). Liquid assets: the lidos and open air swimming pools of Britain. English Heritage. p. 183. ISBN 978-0-9547445-0-2
- Inverclyde Leisure pool information
- Scottish Parliament motion S3M-04657, Ross Finnie: "Celebrate Gourock Outdoor Pool's Centenary — That the Parliament joins in celebrating the centenary of Gourock Outdoor Pool, the oldest and one of only two outdoor pools remaining in Scotland."
- Inverclyde Leisure pool history
- "Inverclyde Leisure - Gourock Outdoor Swimming Pool". Retrieved 2010-12-31.
Gourock's famous outdoor pool is now closed ahead of a massive £2 million refurbishment
|This article about a Scottish sports venue is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|