Goutam Halder was a member of the theatre group Nandikar and performed in plays like Sesh Sakkhatkar, Football, Pheriwalar Mrityu, Meghnadbadh Kabyo and Borda. Among many of his successful undertakings, Sojon Badyiar Ghaat must be named. Meghnad badh kabya is a completely different genre of theater where Goutam Halder's solo performance is based on music, poetry, movements and dance. Then he started another group, Naye Natua, and staged Meghnadbadh Kabyo, Borda Borda (A story by Munshi Premchand) , Jaal (written by Shirshendu Mukhopadhyay),Thakurmar Jhuli, Haoai, Othello and Moimonsingha Geetika. He has acted in the title role of the play Sakharam produced by Prachyo.
- "TADANTO". www.tadanto.com. Retrieved 2015-11-11.
- "Theatre doyens Debshankar, Goutam Halder & Kaushik Sen come together - The Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 2015-11-11.
- "Spirit of love and family bonding". The Telegraph (Kolkata). 28 January 2010. Retrieved 1 March 2012.
- "Solo storytelling". The Telegraph (Kolkata). 23 July 2005. Retrieved 6 June 2018.
- "A mirror to Munshi". The Telegraph (Kolkata). 8 October 2005. Retrieved 6 June 2018.
- kaahon. "Sakharam: A challenge to the hypocrisy of 'bonds of marriage'". www.kaahon.com. Retrieved 13 February 2018.