The lead section of this article may need to be rewritten. (June 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Founder||Marc Van Buskirk|
GovX is an American internet retailer for current and former members of the US Armed Forces, law enforcement, firefighting, emergency medical services, and related government agencies. The company operates GovX.com, where qualified members with service-related backgrounds can shop for tactical gear, outdoor equipment and apparel, athletic attire, and more. Membership also includes access to a variety of ticketing deals, such as major league sports, concerts, endurance races, and theme parks. Registration is free for qualified members.
GovX was founded in 2011 by Marc Van Buskirk, Shannon Van Buskirk, and Anthony Farwell. The company appointed Alan Cole as its CEO in February 2017.
The GovX retail channel offers deals on tactical and recreational brands popular with the military, law enforcement, and first responder communities.
- 5.11 Tactical
- Under Armour
- Vortex Optics
- Spy Optics
- Diamondback Bicycles
- Nixon (company)
- SOG Specialty Knives
- The North Face
- Stance (brand)
- Darn Tough Vermont
Tickets and Events
Since 2011, GovX has continued to expand the available benefits to its members. The site currently offers a variety of ticketing deals which include major league sports, music concerts and festivals, endurance races, and theme park admission. One of the company's first ticket partners was the San Diego Padres, which continues to offer military and first responder discounts through the GovX ticketing platform. In 2017, the company partnered with 16 Major League Baseball teams across the country.
Each month, GovX selects a new service-related nonprofit foundation performing work in the military, first responder, or law enforcement communities. Each organization receives a portion of GovX proceeds from all orders placed during the given month.
Previous Mission: Giveback recipients include:
- Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America
- Firefighter Aid
- National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial
- Semper Fi Fund
- Team Rubicon
- Green Beret Foundation
- Diamondback Bicycles
- Our Military Kids
- "GovX.com Names Alan Cole as CEO". PRWeb. Retrieved 2017-08-08.
- "The San Diego Padres Were Honoring the Military Way Before It Was Cool". www.govx.com. Retrieved 2017-08-08.
- "GovX.com Partners with 16 MLB Teams to Offer Exclusively Priced Tickets to Military and First Responders". Officer.com. Retrieved 2017-08-08.
- "GovX Announces Green Beret Foundation as July's Recipient of Mission Giveback Donation Program". Officer.com. Retrieved 2017-08-08.