Government College of Engineering, Kalahandi
|ସରକାରୀ ଯାନ୍ତ୍ରିକ ମହାବିଦ୍ୟାଳୟ, କଳାହାଣ୍ଡି|
|Type||Institute of technology|
|Principal||Dr. Dulu Patnaik|
|Location||Bhawanipatna, Odisha, India|
The Government College of Engineering, Kalahandi (Odia: ସରକାରୀ ଯାନ୍ତ୍ରିକ ମହାବିଦ୍ୟାଳୟ, କଳାହାଣ୍ଡି) is a co-aid state-government-run constituent college of Biju Patnaik University of Technology (BPUT). The institute was established in 2009 to run undergraduate B.Tech degree courses. The two new post graduate degree courses M. Tech. started in 2015.
GCEK is located at Bhawanipatna, the District Headquarters of Kalahandi. The location is Bandopala. It is situated besides the National Highway NH 26 (previously NH 201), Bargarh- Boriguma, road which is 5 km from Bhawanipatna towards Junagarh Road.
- ANUGOONJ is the college cultural extravaganza.
- CIVILINEOUS is the freshers' party of the Civil branch.
- TERMINATORS is the freshers' party of the Mechanical branch.
- ELECTROMANIA is the freshers' party of the Electrical branch.
- TECHSPLOSION is the freshers' party of the Computer Science branch of batch 2012-16.
- INSPRANO is the annual technical festival.
- QUASAR is the annual magazine of GCEK.
- VIGAMA is the farewell party of the Civil branch.
- SATURNALIA is the tour of Computer Science branch.
- DESPEDIDA is the farewell party of the Mechanical branch.
- BON-VOYAGE is the farewell party of the Computer Science branch.
- SPARTAN CRIC LEAGUE GCEK 2015 is the unofficial cricket league of GCEK.
B. Tech. admission to the undergraduate degrees is made through a JEE-MAIN conducted each year by the government of Odisha