Government Technology Agency
|Formed||1 October 2016|
|Jurisdiction||Government of Singapore|
|Headquarters||10 Pasir Panjang Road. #10-01 Mapletree Business City. Singapore 117438|
|Annual budget||$238.93 million SGD (2017) |
|Parent agency||Prime Minister's Office (Singapore)|
The Government Technology Agency (Abbreviation: GovTech) is a statutory board of the Singapore government, under the Prime Minister's Office (Singapore) (PMO). It was restructured from the former entity Infocomm Development Authority of Singapore (IDA) in 2016, and officially legislated in Parliament on 18 August 2016.
The Infocomm Development Authority of Singapore (IDA) was formed in 1999 when the government merged the National Computer Board (NCB) and Telecommunication Authority of Singapore (TAS), as a result of a growing convergence of information technology and telephony.
GovTech is responsible for the delivery of the Singapore government's digital services to the public. It is the agency that provides the infrastructure to support the implementation of the country's Smart Nation initiative to harness infocomm technologies, networks and big data to create tech-enabled solutions.
The Government Chief Information Office (GCIO) is under GovTech.
From 1 May 2017, GovTech was moved from the Ministry of Communications and Information to the Prime Minister's Office (Singapore) (PMO). It is now the implementing agency of PMO's "Smart Nation and Digital Government Office" (SNDGO)
- "Head Q: MINISTRY OF COMMUNICATIONS AND INFORMATION" (PDF). Budget 2017: Revenue and Expenditure Estimates. Ministry of Finance. February 2017. Retrieved 2018-04-10.
- "Manpower Ministry's Kok Ping Soon to replace Jacqueline Poh as GovTech's new CEO from May 1". Retrieved 1 June 2018.
- "IDA, MDA to be restructured to capitalise on converging media and ICT landscape". Channel NewsAsia. Retrieved 23 January 2016.
- "GovTech about using technology to create citizen-centric solutions: CEO". Channel NewsAsia. Retrieved 28 May 2016.
- "Parliament passes Info-communications Media Development Authority Bill". Channel NewsAsia. Retrieved 26 August 2016.
- "Statutory Boards". Mci.gov.sg. Retrieved 1 Dec 2013.
- "Bills passed for establishment of IMDA, GovTech". TODAY. 17 Aug 2016. Retrieved 10 April 2018.