Government of India Act
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Government of India Act 1833 (also known as the "Charter Act"), which created the post of Governor-General of India
- Government of India Act 1858, under which the British government took over control of India from the East India Company, following the rebellion against British rule (mutiny) of 1857
- Government of India Act 1912, which modified the Indian Councils Act 1909
- Government of India Act 1915, a consolidation into a single Act of most of the existing Acts of Parliament concerning Indian government
- Government of India Act 1919, which expanded legislative councils in the centre and the provinces, and divided areas of responsibility between governors and legislative councils, and between the centre and the provinces.
- Government of India Act 1935, which, despite never being fully implemented, served as part of the constitutional basis of India and Pakistan for the initial period after the Partition
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Government of India Act.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.