Government of Tamil Nadu
|Seat of Government||Chennai|
|Speaker||M. Appavu, DMK|
|Deputy Speaker||K. Pitchandi, DMK|
|Members in Assembly||234|
|Governor||R. N. Ravi|
|Chief Minister||M. K. Stalin, DMK|
|Chief Secretary||Dr. V. Irai Anbu, IAS|
|High Court||Madras High Court|
|Chief Justice||Munishwar Nath Bhandari|
|This article is part of a series on|
|Government and Politics of Tamil Nadu|
|State of Tamil Nadu|
The Government of Tamil Nadu is the governing authority for the Indian state of Tamil Nadu. It is seated at Fort St George, Chennai. The legislature of Tamil Nadu was bicameral until 1986, when it was replaced by a unicameral legislature, like most other states in India.
The state of Tamil Nadu has a population of 72,138,959 as per the 2011 Census and covers an area of 130,058 km2. The major administrative units of the state constitute 38 districts, 76 revenue divisions, 220 taluks, 21 municipal corporations, 150 municipalities, 385 panchayat unions (blocks), 561 town panchayats and 12,524 village panchayats.
The Tamil Nadu E-Governance Agency is the entity that facilitates e-governance efforts in Tamil Nadu. As part of the e-governance initiative, a large part of government records like land ownership records have been digitised. All major administrative offices like local governance bodies and various government departments have been computerised.
Council of Ministers
|1.||M. K. Stalin
|3.||K. N. Nehru||
|6.||E. V. Velu||
|7.||M. R. K. Panneerselvam||
|8.||K. K. S. S. R. Ramachandran||
|12.||K. R. Periyakaruppan||
|13.||T. M. Anbarasan||
|14.||M. P. Saminathan||
|15.||P. Geetha Jeevan||
|16.||Anitha R. Radhakrishnan||
|17.||S. S. Sivasankar||
|20.||V. Senthil Balaji||
|24.||R. S. Raja Kannappan||
|25.||P. K. Sekar Babu||
|27.||S. M. Nasar||
|28.||K. S. Masthan||
|29.||Anbil Mahesh Poyyamozhi||
|30.||Meyyanathan Siva V||
- Legislature of Tamil Nadu
- Chief Ministers of Tamil Nadu
- Governors of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu Council of Ministers
- Government of Tamil Nadu Departments
- Tamil Nadu Government Organizations
- Government of India
- Tamil Nadu Government Laws & Rules
- M. K. Stalin Ministry
- "The State Legislature – Origin and Evolution". Tamil Nadu Legislative Assembly. Archived from the original on 13 April 2010. Retrieved 25 June 2013.
- "Governor of Tamil Nadu". Govt. of Tamil Nadu. Archived from the original on 10 August 2011.
- "Chief Minister, Govt. of Tamil Nadu". Govt. of Tamil Nadu.
- "Justice Munishwar Nath Bhandari sworn in as acting Chief Justice of Madras HC". The Indian Express. 23 November 2021. Retrieved 26 November 2021.
- "Madras High Court - Profile of Chief Justice". www.hcmadras.tn.nic.in. Retrieved 26 November 2021.
- "Senior IAS officer Rajeev Ranjan is new Tamil Nadu Chief Secretary". The News Minute. 31 January 2021. Retrieved 31 January 2021.
- "Provisional population totals of Tamil Nadu" (PDF). O/o the Registrar and Census commissioner.
- "Administrative Units in Tamil Nadu". Govt. of Tamil Nadu.
- "List of Municipalities in Tamil Nadu". Comm. of Municipal Admin., Govt. of Tamil Nadu. Archived from the original on 9 August 2011. Retrieved 7 September 2011.
- "Tamilnadu e-Governance Agency". TneGA, Govt. of Tamil Nadu.
- Haque, M. Shamsul (2002). "E-governance in India: its impacts on relations among citizens, politicians and public servants" (PDF). International Review of Administrative Sciences. London, Thousand Oaks, California, and New Delhi: Sage Publications. 68 (2): 231–250. doi:10.1177/0020852302682005. S2CID 17927204. Retrieved 26 June 2013.