Government of Tamil Nadu
The Government of Tamil Nadu is the governing authority for the Indian state of Tamil Nadu. It is seated at Fort St George, Chennai. The legislature of Tamil Nadu was bicameral until 1986, when it was replaced by a unicameral legislature, like most other states in India.
|This article is part of a series on|
|Government and Politics of Tamil Nadu|
|State of Tamil Nadu
The state of Tamil Nadu has a population of 7,21,38,958 as per the 2011 Census and covers an area of 1,30,058 km². The major administrative units of the state constitutes 32 districts, 76 revenue divisions, 220 taluks, 12 municipal corporations, 148 municipalities, 385 panchayat unions (Blocks), 561 town panchayats and 12,524 village panchayats.
The Tamil Nadu e-Governance Agency is the entity that facilitates E-Governance efforts in Tamil Nadu. As part of the e-Governance initiative, a large part of government records like land ownership records have been digitised. All major administrative offices like local governance bodies and various government departments have been computerised.
Council of Ministers
Jayalalithaa dash (MLA, Dr. Radhakrishnan Nagar) - Chief Minister; Minister in charge for Public, IAS, IPS, IFS, General Administration, District Revenue Officers, Police and Home
O. Panneerselvam( MLA, Bodinayakanur) - Finance, Personnel and Administrative Reforms
Dindigul Srinivasan (MLA, Dindigul) - Forest
Edappadi K. Palaniswami (MLA, Edappadi) - Highways, Public works, and minor ports
Sellur K. Raju (MLA, Madurai West) - Cooperation
Thangamani (MLA, Kumarapalyam) - Electricity, prohibition and excise
S.P. Velumani (MLA, Thondamuthur) - Municipal Administration, Rural Development and Implementation of Special Programme
D. Jayakumar (MLA, Royapuram) - Fisheries
C.Ve. Shanmugam(MLA, Villupuram) - Law, Courts and Prisons
K.P. Anbazhagan(MLA, Palakode) - Higher Education
Dr. V. Saroja(MLA, Rasipuram) - Social Welfare, Nutritious Noon Meal Programme
K.C. Karuppannan(MLA, Bhavani) - Environment
M.C. Sampath(MLA, Cuddalore) - Industries
R. Kamaraj(MLA, Nannilam) - Food, Civil Supplies and HR&CE
O.S. Manian(MLA, Vedaranyam) - Handlooms and Textiles
Udumalai Radhakrishnan(MLA, Udumelaipettai) - Housing and Urban Development
C. Vijayabhaskar(MLA, Viralimalai) - Health and Family Welfare
S.P. Shanmuganathan(MLA, Srivaikuntam) - Milk and Dairy Development
R. Duraikannu(MLA, Papanasam) - Agriculture
Kadambur Raju(MLA, Kovilpatti) - Information and Publicity
R.B. Udayakumar(MLA, Thirumangalam) - Revenue
K.T. Rajenthra Bhalaji(MLA, Sivakasi) - Rural Industries
K.C. Veeramani(MLA, Jolarpet) - Commercial Taxes
P. Benjamin(MLA, Maduravoyal) - School Education, Sports and Youth Welfare
Vellamandi N. Natarajan(MLA, Tiruchirapalli East) - Tourism
S. Valarmathi(MLA, Srirangam) - Backward classes and minority welfare
V.M. Rajalakshmi(MLA, Sankarankovil) - Adi Dravidar and Tribal Welfare
Dr. M. Manikandan(MLA, Ramanathapuram) - Information and Technology
M.R. Vijayabhaskar(MLA, Karur) - Transport
G. Baskaran (Sivaganga MLA) - Khadi and Village Industries Board, Bhoodan and Gramadhan
Sevvoor S. Ramachandran (Aarani MLA) as Minister for Hindu Religious & Charitable Endowments and Tamil Official Languages & Tamil Culture
Nilofer Kafeel (Vanniyambadi MLA) as the Minister for Labour and Employment;
P Balakrishna Reddy (Hosur MLA) as Minister for Animal Husbandry.
- Legislature of Tamil Nadu
- Chief Ministers of Tamil Nadu
- Governors of Tamil Nadu
- Graphical list of chief ministerial tenures and important events of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu Council of Ministers
- Government of Tamil Nadu Departments
- Tamil Nadu Government Organizations
- Government of India
- Tamil Nadu Government Laws & Rules
- "The State Legislature - Origin and Evolution". Tamil Nadu Legislative Assembly. Retrieved 26 June 2013.
- "Governor of Tamil Nadu". Govt. of Tamil Nadu.
- "Chief Minister, Govt. of Tamil Nadu". Govt. of Tamil Nadu.
- "Chief Justice, Madras High Court". Govt. of Tamil Nadu.
- "Provisional population totals of Tamil Nadu" (PDF). O/o the Registrar and Census commissioner.
- "Administrative Units in Tamil Nadu". Govt. of Tamil Nadu.
- "List of Municipalities in Tamil Nadu". Comm. of Municipal Admin., Govt. of Tamil Nadu. Archived from the original on August 9, 2011. Retrieved 7 September 2011.
- "Tamilnadu e-Governance Agency". TneGA, Govt. of Tamil Nadu.
- Haque, M. Shamsul (2002). "E-governance in India: its impacts on relations among citizens, politicians and public servants" (PDF). International Review of Administrative Sciences (London, Thousand Oaks, California, and New Delhi: Sage Publications) 68: 231–250. Retrieved 26 June 2013.