Government of the Democratic Republic of the Congo
||This article's use of external links may not follow Wikipedia's policies or guidelines. (March 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|This article is part of a series on the
politics and government of
the Democratic Republic of the Congo
|United Nations Mission|
The Government of the Democratic Republic of the Congo is the second institution in the central executive branch of the Democratic Republic of the Congo, the first institution being the President, who has the title of head of state.
Under the constitution of the Third Republic, the government is composed of a cabinet of ministers, deputy-ministers (vice-ministers), and occasionally state-ministers (which is a senior personal honorific title). The number of these ministers vary from one government to the next.
The cabinet is headed by the Prime Minister, also known as the head of government, appointed by the President, from the political party, the group or the coalition that holds the majority of seats in the National Assembly.
In the Democratic Republic of the Congo, the cabinet is more commonly simply referred to as The Government.
The government is the effective executive arm of the state, in charge of all the country's main administration, in all the domains reserved to the central government by the constitution, and in all the domains in which the central government has concurrent jurisdiction with the provinces.
The government is accountable to the Parliament. Any individual member of the government, as well the entire government, can be censored by its lower-chamber, the National Assembly, through the vote of a motion of censure, or a motion of no-confidence. When the Prime minister is censored, the entire government is asked to step down.
The current government is referred to as the republic government, under the leadership of Prime minister Samy Badibanga. The Government coalition cabinet was appointed shortly after the resignation of former Prime Minister Augustin Matata Ponyo.
- Heads of Government of the Democratic Republic of the Congo
- Prime Minister of the Democratic Republic of the Congo
- Antoine Gizenga cabinet
Notes and references
- (French) The President of the Republic
- (French) Ministers and Deputy-ministers - At the site of the President of the Democratic Republic of the Congo
- (French) Ministry of the Environment
- (French) Ministry of Public Health
- (French) Ministère of Finance
- (French) Ministry of mining
- (English) Governments on the Congo (Democratic Republic)
- (English) Chiefs of State and Cabinet Members of Foreign Governments: Congo, Democratic Republic of the
- (French) Composition du gouvernement de la République démocratique du Congo, Ministre des Affaires étrangères, France
- (French) Description du noyau du mobutisme et la liste de tous ses gouvernements de 60 à 90, deboutcongolais.info
- (French) Publication de la liste des membres du gouvernement Gizenga 1, digitalcongo.net
- (French) La composition du nouveau gouvernement de la RDC connue
(Much of this page is translated from the French Wikipedia version of this article)