Governor of Abia State
|Governor of Abia State|
|Residence||Abia State Government House, Umuahia|
|Term length||Four years, 2 terms|
|Formation||August 28, 1991|
|Deputy||Ude Oko Chukwu|
|This article is part of a series on the
politics and government of
The office of the Governor of Abia State is an elected position. The governor of Abia State is the chief executive of the state and its executive branch. Eight different people have served as governor of Abia State since the state was created on August 27, 1991. The current governor is Okezie Ikpeazu of the People's Democratic Party, in office since May 29, 2015.
The Constitution of Nigeria requires that an aspiring candidate for the office of Abia State governor must:
- be a citizen of Nigeria by birth,
- have attained the age of thirty-five years,
- be a member of a political party and sponsored by that party,
- be educated to at least school certificate level or its equivalent.
- "Abia guber: Ikpeazu wins". The Sun. 27 April 2015. Archived from the original on 8 August 2015. Retrieved 8 October 2015.
- "INEC Declares Ikpeazu Winner Of Abia Governorship Election". Channels TV. 26 April 2015. Retrieved 8 October 2015.
|This article about government in Abia State is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|