Govind Kumar Singh
|Govind Kumar Singh|
|Education||National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT)|
|Occupation||Fashion designer, assistant professor|
Early life and career
Singh is from the Supaul district of Bihar. He graduated from the National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) in Bangalore, India. As of 2015[update], he was appointed as Assistant Professor, Fashion Design, at the NIFT campus in Shillong. In 2012–13 he conducted skills development programmes related to fashion design for the rural women of Assam.
Singh's label, Rainush, was launched soon after he had success in a television competition. He won the reality-based competition Let's Design in 2011. As with all the other competitors in the series, he had to work with cotton to design an haute couture collection. In 2010 he won the Most Creative and Innovative Design Collection Award in the NIFT Graduation Fashion show. He also won an award for the best prêt-à-porter garment in the first season of Let's Design, 2009. He represented India in Swiss Fashion Show and Festival of India in Amsterdam, Holland, in 2008.
- Indo Asian News Service (25 February 2011). "My success will encourage youth in Bihar: Designer Govind Singh". Yahoo! India News. Retrieved 14 May 2011.
- "Personality of the month — Govind Kumar Singh". School of Styling. Archived from the original on 2011-04-19.
- "Academics: B. Des. (Fashion Design)". National Institute of Fashion Technology. Retrieved 2015-05-10.
- Gupta, Namita (8 August 2015). "Catwalk and the City". Deccan Chronicle. Retrieved 2015-08-08.
- "Creativity with cotton at its best". Cotton Council International (press release). 23 February 2011. Retrieved 2011-03-21.
- "Let's Design presents three promising designers". Models n Trends. 9 March 2009. Archived from the original on 2012-03-25.