Government of Tamil Nadu
|This article is part of a series on|
|Government and Politics of Tamil Nadu|
|State of Tamil Nadu
The Government of Tamil Nadu is the governing authority for the Indian state of Tamil Nadu. It is seated at Fort St George, Chennai. The legislature of Tamil Nadu was bicameral until 1986, when it was replaced by a unicameral legislature, like most other states in India.
The state of Tamil Nadu has a population of 7,21,38,958 as per the 2011 Census and covers an area of 1,30,058 km². The major administrative units of the state constitute 32 districts, 76 revenue divisions, 220 taluks, 12 municipal corporations, 148 municipalities, 385 panchayat unions (blocks), 561 town panchayats and 12,524 village panchayats.
The Tamil Nadu E-Governance Agency is the entity that facilitates e-governance efforts in Tamil Nadu. As part of the e-governance initiative, a large part of government records like land ownership records have been digitised. All major administrative offices like local governance bodies and various government departments have been computerised.
Council of Ministers
|1.||Edappadi K. Palaniswami ||Chief Minister||Public,
Indian Administrative Service,
Indian Police Service,
Indian Forest Service,
District Revenue Officers,
Irrigation including Minor Irrigation,
Highways and Minor Ports
|2.||O. Panneerselvam||Deputy Chief Minister||Finance,
Rural Housing and Housing Development,
Slum Clearance Board and
Urban Development and
Chennai Metropolitan Development Authority
|3||Dindigul C. Sreenivasan||Minister for Forests||Forests|
|4.||K. A. Sengottaiyan||Minister for School Education||School Education|
|5||Sellur K. Raju||Minister for Co-operation||Co-operation,
Statistics and Ex-Servicemen Welfare
|6.||P. Thangamani||Minister for Electricity,
Minister for Prohibition and Excise
Non-Conventional Energy Development,
Prohibition and Excise,
Molasses and Prevention of Corruption Act
|7.||S. P. Velumani||Minister for Municipal Administration,
Minister for Rural Development and Implementation of Special Programme
Panchayats and Panchayat Unions,
Poverty Alleviation Programmes,
Urban and Rural Water Supply,
Implementation of Special Programme
|8.||D. Jayakumar||Minister for Fisheries
Minister for Personnel and Administrative Reforms
Fisheries Development Corporation
Personnel and Administrative Reforms,
Personnel and Administrative Reforms (Training)
|9.||C. Ve. Shanmugam||Minister for Law, Courts and Prisons,
Minister for Mines and Minerals
|Law, Courts and Prisons,
Mines and Minerals
|10.||K. P. Anbalagan||Minister for Higher Education||Higher Education including Technical Education,
Science and Technology
|11.||V. Saroja||Minister for Social Welfare and Nutritious Noon Meal Programme||Social Welfare including Women's and Children's Welfare,
Orphanages and Correctional Administration,
Integrated Child Development and Beggar Homes,
Welfare of the Differently Abled and
Social Reforms and Nutritious Noon Meal Programme
|12.||M. C. Sampath||Minister for Industries, Steel Control and Special Initiatives||Industries,
Steel Control and
|13.||K. C. Karuppannan||Minister for Environment||Environment and Pollution Control|
|14.||R. Kamaraj||Minister for Food and Civil Supplies||Food,
Consumer Protection and
|15.||O. S. Manian||Minister for Handlooms and Textiles||Handlooms and Textiles|
|16.||Udumalai K. Radhakrishnan||Minister for Animal Husbandry||Animal Husbandry|
|17.||C. Vijaya Baskar||Minister for Health and Family Welfare||Health,
Medical Education and
|18.||R. Doraikkannu||Minister for Agriculture||Agriculture,
Agro Service Cooperatives,
Sugarcane Development and
Waste Land Development
|19.||Kadambur Raju||Minister for Information and Publicity||Information and Publicity
Flim Technology and Cinematograph Act,
Stationery and Printing and
|20.||R. B. Udhayakumar||Minister for Revenue||Revenue,
District Revenue Establishment,
Weights and Measures,
Debt Relief including Legislation on Money lending,
Registration of Companies
|21.||Vellamandi N. Natarajan||Minister for Tourism||Tourism,
Tourism Development Corporation
|22.||K. C. Veeramani||Minister for Commercial Taxes||Commercial Taxes,
Registration and Stamp Act
|23.||K. T. Rajenthra Bhalaji||Minister for Milk and Dairy Development||Milk and Dairy Development|
|24.||P. Benjamin||Minister for Rural Industries||Rural Industries including Cottage Industries,
|25.||M. R. Vijayabhaskar||Minister for Transport||Transport,
Nationalised Transport and Motor Vehicles Act
|26.||Nilofer Kafeel||Minister for Labour||Labour,
Employment and Training,
Urban and Rural Employment and
|27.||Dr. M. Manikandan||Minister for Information Technology||Information Technology|
|28.||V. M. Rajalakshmi||Minister for Adi Dravidar and Tribal Welfare||Adi Dravidar Welfare,
Hill Tribes and Bonded Labour
|29.||K. Pandiarajan||Minister for Tamil Official Language and Tamil Culture||Tamil Official Language and
Tamil Culture and Archaeology
|30.||G. Baskaran||Minister for Khadi and Village Industries Board||Khadi and Village Industries Board,
Bhoodhan and Gramadhan
|31.||Sevvoor S. Ramachandran||Minister for Hindu Religious and Charitable Endowments||Hindu Religious and Charitable Endowments|
|32.||S. Valarmathi||Minister for Backward Classes and Minorities Welfare||Backward Classes,
Most Backward Classes and
Refugees and Evacuees and
|33.||P. Balakrishna Reddy||Minister for Youth Welfare and Sports Development||Youth Welfare and
Sports Development Department
- Legislature of Tamil Nadu
- Chief Ministers of Tamil Nadu
- Governors of Tamil Nadu
- Graphical list of chief ministerial tenures and important events of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu Council of Ministers
- Government of Tamil Nadu Departments
- Tamil Nadu Government Organizations
- Government of India
- Tamil Nadu Government Laws & Rules
- "The State Legislature - Origin and Evolution". Tamil Nadu Legislative Assembly. Archived from the original on 13 April 2010. Retrieved 26 June 2013.
- "Governor of Tamil Nadu". Govt. of Tamil Nadu. Archived from the original on 2011-08-10.
- "Chief Minister, Govt. of Tamil Nadu". Govt. of Tamil Nadu.
- "Chief Justice, Madras High Court". Govt. of Tamil Nadu. Archived from the original on 2011-02-24.
- "Provisional population totals of Tamil Nadu" (PDF). O/o the Registrar and Census commissioner.
- "Administrative Units in Tamil Nadu". Govt. of Tamil Nadu.
- "List of Municipalities in Tamil Nadu". Comm. of Municipal Admin., Govt. of Tamil Nadu. Archived from the original on August 9, 2011. Retrieved 7 September 2011.
- "Tamilnadu e-Governance Agency". TneGA, Govt. of Tamil Nadu.
- Haque, M. Shamsul (2002). "E-governance in India: its impacts on relations among citizens, politicians and public servants" (PDF). International Review of Administrative Sciences. London, Thousand Oaks, California, and New Delhi: Sage Publications. 68: 231–250. Retrieved 26 June 2013.
- "29th Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu on February 16, 2017". Retrieved 2017-02-17.
- "OPS back in govt., as Deputy CM on August 22, 2017". Retrieved 2017-08-22.