|Produced by||Shailendra Babu|
|Written by||Upendra Rao
|Screenplay by||K. Vijaya Bhaskar|
|Story by||Trivikram Srinivas|
|Music by||S.A. Rajkumar|
|Edited by||S. Manohar|
Sri Shailendra Productions
Gowramma is a 2005 Indian Kannada-language romantic comedy film starring Upendra and Ramya in the lead roles. The film was directed by Naganna and produced by Shailendra Babu. This is the third among a series of successful films under Upendra – Naganna combination. The film also starred Srinivasa Murthy, Doddanna, Ramesh Bhat, Komal, Sadhu Kokila, and Satyajit in supporting roles. A huge success at the box office, Gowramma was one of the highest grossing Kannada films of 2005. This movie was remake of 2001 Telugu blockbuster movie Nuvvu Naaku Nachav.
- Upendra as Venkataswamy alias Venki
- Ramya as Gowri
- Srinivasa Murthy as Seenu, Father of Gowri
- Ramesh Bhat as Shekhar
- Komal as Home chief Bunty
- Sadhu Kokila as Photographer
- Pavitra Lokesh
- Ravi Chethan
- Suneetha Shetty
- Baby Raksha as Pinki
- Sumanth Shastri as Ashok
- Rekha Das
- Mandeep Rai
- Dr. Nagesh kavati
- Samrat Rai
- Shivaji Rao Jadhav
- B. K. Shankar
- Vijaya Sarathi
- Myna Chandru
Release and reception
Gowramma received generally positive reviews from critics. Rediff.com praised Upendra's performance in the film and also stated that "Gowramma is an impressively enjoyable film, and a heavily recommended watch". The reviewer for Viggy.com praised the film and Upendra's performance, and stated that he looks different from his stereotype images in films such as A and Upendra. S. N. Deepak of Deccan Herald terms the film "a family entertainer" and commended Ramya's performance while praising the camera-work and dialogues.
Gowramma opened well at the box office despite Upendra's character in the film being very contrary to his dialogue-oriented mass image. The film did good business at crucial circuits like Bangalore, Mysore, Hasan, Chitradurga, Davanagere and many other centers across Karnataka. However, the business in Bangalore was stronger with a large family audience flocking to the theaters screening the film. Gowramma was one of the highest-grossing Kannada films of 2005 and became the third consecutive successful film under Upendra–Naganna combination. It successfully completed 50 days in more than 17 centres across Karnataka and recorded 100 days in centers in Bangalore, Mysore, Davanagere, Shimoga, Mangalore, Hubli. The film was declared as a 'Super Hit'.
|"Nann Sona Sona"||Shreya Ghoshal, Karthik|
|"Ondu Saari"||Udit Narayan, Chithra|
|"Baninda Jaari"||Udit Narayan|
- Social Post. "Gowramma Cast & Crew, Gowramma Star Cast, Actor, Actress, Director". OneIndia. Retrieved 13 November 2012.
- "Upendra impresses in Gowramma". Rediff. 3 June 2005. Retrieved 13 November 2012.
- "'Gowramma' film review - movie of Upendra and Ramya". Viggy.com. 13 March 2011. Retrieved 13 November 2012.
- Deepak, S. N. (5 June 2005). "Gowramma". Deccan Herald. Archived from the original on 13 February 2007. Retrieved 11 October 2020.
- "Gowramma going great guns!". Viggy.com. 13 March 2011. Retrieved 13 November 2012.
- "Gowramma audio songs online | Download Gowramma Songs mp3 codes | Gowramma music review | Listen to Gowramma songs". MusicMazaa.com. Retrieved 13 November 2012.