Gowrie railway station
|Location||Sages Road, Fawkner|
|Operated by||Metro Trains|
|Distance||14.73 kilometres from Southern Cross|
|Platforms||2 (1 island)|
|Fare zone||Myki zone 2|
|Website||Public Transport Victoria|
|Opened||16 October 1928|
|Closed||5 May 1956|
|Rebuilt||17 May 1965|
Following the reinstatement of a passenger service on the Fawkner - Somerton line in March 1928, Rail Motor Stopping Place 21 was opened at the location on 16 October 1928. It closed when the passenger service ceased on 5 May 1956. On 17 May 1965, Gowrie station opened, on what was by then the Upfield line. It was upgraded to a Premium station in 1998.
Under the PTV Network Development Plan, the line between Gowrie and Upfield would be duplicated, and the line to Somerton reinstated. It would include a flyover over the North East standard gauge line, to allow Seymour V/Line services to run via Upfield, and eventual electrification of the line to Wallan.
Platforms & services
Broadmeadows Bus Service operates two routes via Gowrie station:
Dyson's Bus Services operates one route to and from Gowrie station:
Ventura Bus Lines operates one route to and from Gowrie station:
- "Gowrie". Vicsig. Retrieved 2016-01-08.
- "Upgrading Eltham to a Premium Station". Newsrail. Australian Railway Historical Society. October 1997. p. 310.
- Network Development Plan – Metropolitan Rail Public Transport Victoria
- Upfield Line timetable Public Transport Victoria
- Route 530 Campbellfield - Coburg timetable Public Transport Victoria
- Route 531 Upfield - North Coburg timetable Public Transport Victoria
- Route 536 Gowrie - Glenroy timetable Public Transport Victoria
- Route 527 Gowrie - Northland timetable Public Transport Victoria