|Region of Malta|
Map of Gozo
|Islands||Gozo and Comino|
|Local Councils Act||30 June 1993|
|Government Regional Committee|
|• Regional President||Samuel Azzopardi (PN)|
|• Total||68.7 km2 (26.5 sq mi)|
|Population (March 2014)|
|• Density||540/km2 (1,400/sq mi)|
|Demonym||Għawdxi (m), Għawdxija (f), Għawdxin (pl)|
|ISO 3166 code||MT-GO|
Gozo Region (Maltese: Reġjun Għawdex) is one of five regions of Malta. The region includes the islands of Gozo, Comino and several little islets such as Cominotto. The region does not border with any other regions, but it is close to the Northern Region.
The region was created by the Local Councils Act of 1993. It is the only original region still in existence, since the other two (Malta Majjistral and Malta Xlokk) were split into smaller regions by Act No. XVI of 2009.
The region corresponds to Gozo and Comino statistical district.
Gozo region includes 14 local councils:
- Għajnsielem - include the areas of Mġarr, Gozo, Fort Chambray and Comino.
- Għarb - include the areas of Ta' Pinu, Birbuba and Santu Pietru
- Għasri - include the area of Għammar
- Kerċem - include the area of Santa Luċija
- Munxar - include the area of Xlendi
- Nadur - include the areas of Daħlet Qorrot, San Blas, Nadur, Ta' Kuxxina and Ta' Kenuna
- Qala - include the area of Ħondoq ir-Rummien
- San Lawrenz - include the areas of Ta' Dbieġi and Dwejra
- Sannat - include the areas of Mġarr ix-Xini, Ta' Ċenċ and Ta' Saguna
- Rabat (Victoria) - include the areas of Taċ-Ċawla and Ċittadella
- Xagħra - include the area of Ramla Bay
- Xewkija - include the area of Tal-Barmil
- Żebbuġ - include the areas of Marsalforn and Qbajjar
|Vice President||Joseph Sultana|
|Members||David Apap Agius|
|Charles Frank Said|
|Executive Secretary||Ian Paul Bajada (acting)|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Gozo (region).|
- "Regions of Malta". Statoids. Retrieved 1 April 2015.
- "Gozo regional Committee formed". Times of Malta. 11 July 2012. Retrieved 6 April 2015.
- "Kumitati Reġjonali". Government of Malta. Archived from the original on 6 June 2015.
- "Mayor of Victoria elected as President of the Region of Gozo". Gozo News. 20 October 2009. Retrieved 1 April 2015.