Grace Community Church (Texas)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2018)
|Grace Church Houston|
|Location||Greater Houston, Texas|
|Former name(s)||Grace Community Church|
|Senior pastor(s)||Garrett and Andrea Booth|
The church currently[when?] has three services on Sunday at their main facility (referred to as the Houston Campus): two English-speaking and one Spanish-speaking.
- August 1983 - Founding Pastor Steve Riggle, sent on a church-planting mission by the Grace International Churches and Ministries, Inc, held the first service. Twelve people met in the Clear Lake Intermediate School auditorium.
- Late 1983 - Relocation to an existing church building in Webster. By that time, the congregation had grown to 98.
- 1984 - Relocation to an existing church building in League City. By that time, the congregation had grown to 400.
- 1988 - Even with three services, the League City location was at capacity. Eventually, services had to be held at Clear Brook High School in Friendswood.
- 1990 - Relocation to a new facility in Clear Lake City.
- 2003 - In the aftermath of the Space Shuttle Columbia disaster, Pastor Riggle was interviewed numerous times by both secular and religiously oriented media. Commander Rick Husband and Payload Commander Mike Anderson were members.
- 2004 - Relocation to a new facility (the South Campus) on 86 acres (350,000 m2) adjacent to the Gulf Freeway.
- 2006 - Groundbreaking for a North Campus in The Woodlands.
- 2006 - The interim worship center at the South Campus (1900 seats) reaches capacity in the late service.
- 2006 - Dedication of a new South Campus worship center that will hold over 10,000 with a full seat loading (expected in 2007).
- 2014- After serving Grace for 20 years in various roles, Garrett and Andrea Booth became the pastors of Grace Houston. Steve and Becky Riggle transitioned to the role of founding pastors along with pastoring Grace Woodlands and leading Grace International, a world-wide fellowship of churches and ministries.