Grace Community School (Texas)

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Grace Community School
Address
Lower Campus: 3215 Old Jacksonville Rd., Upper Campus: 3001 University Blvd.
Tyler, Texas 75701
Information
School type Private Christian
Motto Teaching Jesus
Founded 1973
Principal High School: , Junior High: Joe Dirksen, Elementary: Jennifer Dozier
Headmaster Jay Ferguson
Grades K4–12
Enrollment 961 (October 4, 2016)
Color(s) Blue, White & Black
Sports Football, Volleyball, Basketball, Soccer, Swimming, Track, Golf, Baseball, Softball, Cross Country, Tennis
Mascot Cougar
Website

Grace Community School is a private Christian school in Tyler, Texas. It is a college preparatory school with selective admissions.

Grace Community School was founded by Grace Community Church in 1973 and began with an enrollment of 60 students in grades 2-12. With the completion of the high school building in 1996, Grace expanded to two locations keeping the elementary on Old Jacksonville Road and moving the junior high and high school to University Boulevard. Today the school exists as a Junior Kindergarten -12th grade, coeducational, college-preparatory day school with selective admissions. The curriculum is rigorous and high moral standards are expected and encouraged. Approximately 90% of graduates will enter 4-year universities, with the remaining 10% entering 2-year colleges.

Grace is one of only two schools in the U.S. to receive exemplary status from the Association of Christian Schools International accreditation committee.

External links[edit]

Coordinates: 32°18′40″N 95°15′30″W / 32.31102°N 95.258203°W / 32.31102; -95.258203