|Written by||Kwon Min-Soo|
|Directed by||Han Chul-Soo|
|Country of origin||South Korea|
|No. of episodes||16|
|Production company(s)||Samhwa Networks Telesuccess Productions, Inc.|
|Picture format||1080i (HDTV)|
|Audio format||Dolby Digital|
|Original release||August 21 –|
October 17, 2019
Graceful Family (Korean: 우아한 가; RR: Uahan Ga) is a 2019 South Korean television series starring Im Soo-hyang, Lee Jang-woo and Bae Jong-ok. It aired on Wednesdays and Thursdays at 23:00 (KST) time slot of MBN and Dramax from August 21 to October 17, 2019.
Besides receiving critical acclaim, Graceful Family became the highest rated drama in MBN network history, even before reaching half of its broadcast.
Mo Seok-Hee (Im Soo-hyang) is the only daughter of the MC Group. Her grandfather is the founder and majority shareholder of the chaebol and her father is the President of the MC Group. Seok-Hee was forced to go to the United States by her father after her mother was murdered.
15 years after, Seok-Hee became a beautiful and intelligent woman with a strong personality. She acts tough and arrogant, but hides her kindness and suffering over her mother's death.
Heo Yoon-Do (Lee Jang-woo) is a lawyer who doesn't have an office or clients. He works by helping the residents of his neighborhood in a makeshift office at his adoptive father's restaurant. He is a man who lives for justice and love for people.
After return to South Korea to see her grandfather who lives in coma in a Hospital owned by MC Group in Seoul, Seok-Hee meets Yoon-Do at a police station. Seok-Hee hires Yoon-Do as her lawyer, who start to work for TOP Team at MC Group.
The TOP Team manages the affairs of the Mo family. The TOP Team is led by Han Je-Kook (Bae Jong-ok), a former judge which was known to be fair and incorruptible. After judging a case against the MC Group and suffering retaliation, Je-Kook is transferred to a court in a rural area, but disappointed, she agrees to work for the MC Group. Je-Kook became an ambitious and treacherous woman who wants to control MC Group and the political and economic society of Korea.
At TOP, Je-Kook works to cover up immoral or illegal behavior by the Mo family, and uncover the immoral and illegal secrets of the powerful and wealthy Korean people, to blackmail or destroy them.
Coincidentally, Seok-Hee and Yoon-Do discover that they have a connection that makes Yoon-Do's mother, Seok-Hee's mother's killer. Convinced that Yoon-Do's mother was falsely incriminated, they both join forces to together reveal the truth about Seok-Hee's mother's death, and the secrets that Je-Kook and TOP hide.
- Jung Won-joong as Mo Cheol-hee
- Moon Hee-kyung as Ha Yeong-seo
- Lee Kyu-han as Mo Wan-soo
- Kim Jin-woo as Mo Wan-joon
- Gong Hyun-joo as Baek Soo-jin
- Jeon Jin-seo as Mo Seo-jin
- Jun Gook-hwan as Mo Wang-pyo
- Oh Seung-eun as Choi Na-ri
- Park Hyun-sook as Jeong Yoon-sook
- Park Hye-na as Ahn Jae-rim
- Son Jin-hwan as Lawyer Yoon
- Park Sang-myun as Heo Jang-soo
- Jo Kyung-sook as Im Soon
- Na In-gyoo as Detective Oh
- Jang Seo-kyung as Go Eun-ji
- Kim Chul-ki as Yoon Sang-won
- Kwon Hyuk-hyun as Kwon Joon-hyeok
- Park Tae-in as Lee Kyeong-ah
- Jung Hye-in as Hwang Bo-joo
- Park Chul-min as Kim Boo-gi
- Kim Yoon-seo as Oh Gwang-mi
- Jung Ho-bin as Joo Hyeong-il
- Hyun Woo-sung as Joo Tae-hyeong
Graceful Family premiered with high viewership for MBN network and attracted the media attention in Korea and internationally. The Maeil Business Newspaper reported the drama was sold to broadcasters in Malaysia, Indonesia, the Philippines, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Thailand, Vietnam, and North and South America due to the quality performances of its actors and actresses, script and production of the drama.
- In this table, the blue numbers represent the lowest ratings and the red numbers represent the highest ratings.
- N/A denotes that the rating is not known.
|Ep.||Original broadcast date||Average audience share|
|1||August 21, 2019||2.689% (NR)||N/A|
|2||August 22, 2019||1.828% (NR)|
|3||August 28, 2019||2.720% (NR)|
|4||August 29, 2019||2.899% (NR)|
|5||September 4, 2019||3.700% (6th)||3.408% (8th)|
|6||September 5, 2019||2.074% (NR)||N/A|
|7||September 18, 2019||4.322% (4th)||4.319% (3rd)|
|8||September 19, 2019||3.653% (NR)||3.784% (8th)|
|9||September 25, 2019||5.205% (2nd)||5.608% (1st)|
|10||September 26, 2019||5.284% (2nd)||5.585% (2nd)|
|11||October 2, 2019||7.125% (1st)||7.432% (1st)|
|12||October 3, 2019||6.556% (2nd)||6.945% (1st)|
|13||October 9, 2019||7.316% (1st)||7.808% (1st)|
|14||October 10, 2019||6.974% (1st)||7.559% (1st)|
|15||October 16, 2019||7.981% (1st)||8.405% (1st)|
|16||October 17, 2019||8.478% (1st)||8.305% (1st)|
- This drama airs on a cable channel/pay TV which normally has a relatively smaller audience compared to free-to-air TV/public broadcasters (KBS, SBS, MBC and EBS).
- Due to some ratings not recorded, the exact average rating is unknown.
- "Cast And Crew Of "Graceful Family" To Go On Reward Vacation As Ratings Soar". Soompi. October 8, 2019.
- "3 Reasons Why "Graceful Family" Is Earning Praise From Viewers". Soompi. September 1, 2019.
- "MBN's weekly drama "Graceful Family" gains huge popularity overseas". Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea. September 2, 2019.
- "AGB Daily Ratings: this links to current day-select the date from drop down menu". AGB Nielsen Media Research (in Korean). Archived from the original on 2016-06-01. Retrieved 2018-09-23.