The Gracia proprietor is Michel Gracia, a former Saint-Émilion stonemason. First appearing in 1997 to great success. In response to the decline in fashion of the "garage wine" that has been widely predicted, Michel Gracia maintains the garagiste approach has altered and has stated, "In the early years we went for over-ripe grapes and plenty of extraction, but now we're harvesting a touch earlier and looking for more finesse".
The annual production of the Grand vin is typically 8,000 bottles.
- Prial, Frank J., The New York Times (October 25, 2000). "$1,000 Wines You Never Heard Of". Retrieved May 4, 2010.
- Banas, Anne, USA Today (July 5, 2007). "Escapes under $500: High style in French wine country".
- Echikson, William, BusinessWeek (December 17, 2001). "A French Revolution".
- Lawther, James, Decanter.com (April 11, 2008). "Calling Time on Garage Wine".
- Gracia technical info thunevin.com