She was born in Edmundston, New Brunswick. She has lived in Moncton since the 1970s. Couturier received a BEd from the Université de Moncton. She taught school for several years and completed a master's degree in French literature in 1994.
She was a founding member of the Théâtre l'Escaouette in Moncton and was founding director of Théâtre de saisons du Centre universitaire de Shippagan. Her work includes children's literature, novels, plays and haiku. Couturier has also worked as a script writer and researcher for Radio-Canada.
- Un tintamarre dans ma tête (2002)
- Le vœu en vaut-il la chandelle? (2003)
- L'antichambre (1997)
- Je regardais Rebecca (1999)
- Chacal, mon frère (2010), received the Prix des lecteurs Radio-Canada and the Prix France-Acadie
- Les enfants, taisez-vous! (1983)
- Le gros ti-gars (1986)
- Mon mari est un ange (1988), also rewritten for television
- Les ans volés (1988)
- Enfantômes suroulettes (1989)
- "Chacal, mon frère". Prix des lecteurs Radio-Canada 2011. Radio Canada.
- "Gracia Couturier". Bouton d'or Acadie. Archived from the original on 2015-01-04.
- "Gracia Couturier". Association acadienne des artistes professionnelles du Nouveau-Brunswick.
- "Gracia Couturier". New Brunswick Author Portal. Government of New Brunswick. Archived from the original on 2015-01-04. Retrieved 2015-01-04.
|This article about a Canadian writer or poet is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|