Otto in October 2011
|Born||23 May 1987|
|Occupation||Director, writer, actress, editor, model|
Gracie Otto (born 23 May 1987) is a film director who made her feature-length directing debut with the 2013 documentary The Last Impresario about prolific British theatre impresario and film producer Michael White. The film made its world premiere at the BFI London Film Festival in October 2013.
Gracie Otto is the daughter of the Australian actor Barry Otto and Susan Hill. Actress Miranda Otto is her half-sister. She attended Burwood Girls High School in Sydney. As a schoolgirl, Otto represented Australia and New South Wales in indoor soccer, and represented her home state New South Wales in school softball. She graduated from the Sydney Film School in 2007 and spent the following year living in Paris.
Otto's feature-length directing debut was with the 2014 documentary The Last Impresario, about prolific British theatre impresario and film producer Michael White. The film made its world premiere at the BFI London Film Festival in October 2013, where it was positively received by critics; it features interviews with 60 of his close friends and associates.
Otto has directed five short films, all of which have screened at international film festivals.
- Eve (2005)
- The New Life (2006)
- Good Luck with That (2007)
- Three Blind Mice (2008)
- Sea Patrol (2009)
- L.B.F. (2011)
- Kill Blondes (2004)
- Broken Beat (2005)
- Tango Trois (2006)
- La Meme Nuit (2007)
- Seamstress (2011)
- La Cabane a Marseille (2012)
- Yearling (2012)
- Parfum de Regrets (2012)
- Fashion Lust (2013)
- The Last Impresario (2013)
- Candy Crush (with Thom Kerr) (2017)
- SBS.com.au | Gracie Otto's The Last Impresario to premiere at London Film Festival, by Oliver Pfeiffer, 10 September 2013
- FilmInk.com.au | 'The Last Impresario' to premiere at BFI London Film Festival Archived 5 May 2014 at the Wayback Machine., by Cara Nash, 5 September 2013
- Variety magazine | London Film Review: 'The Last Impresario', by Charles Gant, 29 October 2013
- The Hollywood Reporter | The Last Impresario: London Review, by Stephen Dalton, 13 October 2013
- WizardRadio.co.uk | Review: The Last Impresario Archived 5 May 2014 at the Wayback Machine., 14 October 2013
- The Sydney Morning Herald | Gracie Otto makes mark with directorial debut The Last Impresario, by Linda Morris, 5 June 2014
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Gracie Otto.|