Gracie Square Hospital
|Gracie Square Hospital|
|New York-Presbyterian Healthcare System|
|Location||420 East 76th Street, on the Upper East Side, Manhattan, New York City, New York, United States|
|Lists||Hospitals in New York|
Gracie Square Hospital is a psychiatric hospital located at 420 East 76th Street on the Upper East Side of Manhattan, in New York City. The hospital has 157 beds for in-patients, as well as units focused on adult and geriatric psychiatry, drug rehabilitation, and short-term care.
- Eddie Fisher, American singer
- Anthony Hecht, American poet
- Thelonious Monk, American jazz pianist and composer
- Phil Ochs, American protest singer and songwriter
- Paul Robeson, American singer, actor, and political activist
- Eddie Fisher, David Fisher (2000). Been There, Done That. Macmillan. Retrieved January 9, 2013.
- "Gracie Square Hospital". Nygsh.org. Retrieved January 9, 2013.
- "Gracie Square Hospital in New York, NY – US News Best Hospitals". usnews.com. Retrieved January 9, 2013.
- Edward Shorter, David Healy (2013). Shock Therapy: A History of Electroconvulsive Treatment in Mental Illness. Rutgers University Press. Retrieved January 9, 2013.
- Anthony Hecht (2012). The Selected Letters of Anthony Hecht. JHU Press. Retrieved January 9, 2013.
- Robin Kelley (2009). Thelonious Monk: The Life and Times of an American Original. Simon and Schuster. Retrieved January 9, 2013.
- David de Leon (1994). Leaders from the 1960s: A Biographical Sourcebook of American Activism. ABC-CLIO. Retrieved January 9, 2013.
- Scott Allen Nollen. Paul Robeson: Film Pioneer. Retrieved January 9, 2013.
- Paul Robeson, Jr. (2009). The Undiscovered Paul Robeson: Quest for Freedom, 1939 – 1976. Retrieved January 9, 2013.